Law & Over: Original 'Order' Is Officially Canceled
By Andrew Scott Posted May 14th 2010 01:00PM
"The full measure of the collective contributions made by Dick Wolf and his 'Law & Order' franchise over the last two decades to the success of NBC and Universal Media Studios cannot be overstated. The legacy of his original 'Law & Order' series will continue to make an impact like no other series before," Jeff Gaspin, Chairman of NBC Universal Television Entertainment said in a statement.
'Law & Order' will have its series finale on Mon., May 24 at 10PM ET. The show ends after 20 seasons on the air, which ties 'Gunsmoke''s record as the longest-running drama in television history.
Although the mothership will be disappearing, fans of the legal franchise will be happy to learn that NBC has picked up the popular 'Law & Order: Special Victims Unit' for another season and will rev up a new series based in Los Angeles, nicknamed 'LOLA.'
Deadline first reported the story on Thursday.
Read More on TV Squad >>>
Caught in Action: Celebrities Hard at Work
Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher chat on set of their new film 'Friends with Benefits' on May 13th.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kelly Osbourne Sends Flowers to Melissa Rivers for Fashion Police Return, Reboot
- Joan Rivers Honored in Fashion Police Return, Daughter Melissa Introduces New "What Would Joan Say?" Segment
- Peta Murgatroyd Pulls Out of Dancing With the Stars Season 21 Due to Ankle Injury: Details
- Fit model mom Sarah Stage ignores the haters
- Jennifer Aniston wears nothing but a towel for new film
- Nicki Minaj feuding with Tara Reid too?
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck Asks Why #BlackLivesMatter Movement Hasn't Been Classified as a Hate Group—Watch Now!
- Heather Dubrow Bled All Over Tamra Judge's Real Housewives of Orange County Sex Party...Because of Leeches
- Andrew Garfield Seen With Emma Stone for the First Time in Months as He Reveals Spider-Man Felt Like "Prison"