Law & Over: Original 'Order' Is Officially Canceled
By Andrew Scott Posted May 14th 2010 01:00PM
"The full measure of the collective contributions made by Dick Wolf and his 'Law & Order' franchise over the last two decades to the success of NBC and Universal Media Studios cannot be overstated. The legacy of his original 'Law & Order' series will continue to make an impact like no other series before," Jeff Gaspin, Chairman of NBC Universal Television Entertainment said in a statement.
'Law & Order' will have its series finale on Mon., May 24 at 10PM ET. The show ends after 20 seasons on the air, which ties 'Gunsmoke''s record as the longest-running drama in television history.
Although the mothership will be disappearing, fans of the legal franchise will be happy to learn that NBC has picked up the popular 'Law & Order: Special Victims Unit' for another season and will rev up a new series based in Los Angeles, nicknamed 'LOLA.'
Deadline first reported the story on Thursday.
Read More on TV Squad >>>
Caught in Action: Celebrities Hard at Work
Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher chat on set of their new film 'Friends with Benefits' on May 13th.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Katy Perry Is an Unrecognizable Teenage Singer in 2001 Video: Watch
- JWoww's Daughter Meilani Has Playdate with Snooki's Son Lorenzo: See the Cute Pic!
- Jennifer Lopez: I've "Made Mistakes" With Men, My Kids Stay in the Bronx With Family So They "Get It"
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- Joan Rivers on life support, family confirms
- Charlize Theron: My body's not perfect
- Jason Aldean announces new album 'Old Boots, New Dirt' with track listing
- Woman Gets Metal Pole Impaled Through Her Butt During Texting and Driving Accident
- Khloé Kardashian and Scott Disick Join Cast of Royal Pains for Season Finale—See the Exclusive Pic!
- Joan Rivers Remains on Life Support, Says Daughter Melissa: "We Are Extremely Grateful for All the Love"