Law & Over: Original 'Order' Is Officially Canceled
By Andrew Scott Posted May 14th 2010 01:00PM
"The full measure of the collective contributions made by Dick Wolf and his 'Law & Order' franchise over the last two decades to the success of NBC and Universal Media Studios cannot be overstated. The legacy of his original 'Law & Order' series will continue to make an impact like no other series before," Jeff Gaspin, Chairman of NBC Universal Television Entertainment said in a statement.
'Law & Order' will have its series finale on Mon., May 24 at 10PM ET. The show ends after 20 seasons on the air, which ties 'Gunsmoke''s record as the longest-running drama in television history.
Although the mothership will be disappearing, fans of the legal franchise will be happy to learn that NBC has picked up the popular 'Law & Order: Special Victims Unit' for another season and will rev up a new series based in Los Angeles, nicknamed 'LOLA.'
Deadline first reported the story on Thursday.
Read More on TV Squad >>>
Caught in Action: Celebrities Hard at Work
Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher chat on set of their new film 'Friends with Benefits' on May 13th.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Sarah Michelle Gellar Shares Sweet Wedding Pic on 13th Anniversary with Freddie Prinze Jr.
- Jamie Chung, Minka Kelly, Jenna Dewan Tatum, More Party Together, Compete for Most Fabulous Style
- Bachelor in Paradise's Kirk DeWindt Dumps a "Shocked" Carly Waddell on the Finale!
- Director fires back after critics call out Taylor Swift's video for use of white actors
- Meet the cast of 'Dancing With the Stars' season 21
- The Josh Abbott Band brings Texas to mainstream country music
- Ali Larter Dyes Her Hair Red Again Ahead of Latest Resident Evil Installment—See the Pic!
- 2015 Environmental Media Association Award Nominations Announced—See the Complete List of Nominees
- Harry Styles Gets Pelted in the Face With a Red Bull Can During One Direction Concert—Watch Now!