Law & Over: Original 'Order' Is Officially Canceled
By Andrew Scott Posted May 14th 2010 01:00PM
"The full measure of the collective contributions made by Dick Wolf and his 'Law & Order' franchise over the last two decades to the success of NBC and Universal Media Studios cannot be overstated. The legacy of his original 'Law & Order' series will continue to make an impact like no other series before," Jeff Gaspin, Chairman of NBC Universal Television Entertainment said in a statement.
'Law & Order' will have its series finale on Mon., May 24 at 10PM ET. The show ends after 20 seasons on the air, which ties 'Gunsmoke''s record as the longest-running drama in television history.
Although the mothership will be disappearing, fans of the legal franchise will be happy to learn that NBC has picked up the popular 'Law & Order: Special Victims Unit' for another season and will rev up a new series based in Los Angeles, nicknamed 'LOLA.'
Deadline first reported the story on Thursday.
Read More on TV Squad >>>
Caught in Action: Celebrities Hard at Work
Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher chat on set of their new film 'Friends with Benefits' on May 13th.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Burt Jenner Calls Out Hypocritical Supporters of Dad Bruce Jenner After Diane Sawyer Interview
- Mama June Announces Daughter Anna Cardwell's Second Pregnancy: "They Are Too Young to Have Another One"
- Tea Leoni Brings Costar Boyfriend Tim Daly as Her White House Correspondents' Dinner Date: Pic
- 'Furious 7' box office champ for fourth straight weekend
- 'Good Fellas' actors spill secrets at 25th anniversary screening
- Kim's ex, Kris Humphries says sorry for Bruce Jenner tweet
- Colin Farrell Reveals the "Honest Truth" About His Relationships: "I Have Not Dated for Four Years Now"
- Brad Pitt Explains the Story Behind His Bruised Face: Don't Run Up Steps Wearing Flip Flops!
- Téa Leoni & Tim Daly Make Red Carpet Debut as a Couple, at White House Correspondents' Dinner—See Pic!