Law & Over: Original 'Order' Is Officially Canceled
By Andrew Scott Posted May 14th 2010 01:00PM
"The full measure of the collective contributions made by Dick Wolf and his 'Law & Order' franchise over the last two decades to the success of NBC and Universal Media Studios cannot be overstated. The legacy of his original 'Law & Order' series will continue to make an impact like no other series before," Jeff Gaspin, Chairman of NBC Universal Television Entertainment said in a statement.
'Law & Order' will have its series finale on Mon., May 24 at 10PM ET. The show ends after 20 seasons on the air, which ties 'Gunsmoke''s record as the longest-running drama in television history.
Although the mothership will be disappearing, fans of the legal franchise will be happy to learn that NBC has picked up the popular 'Law & Order: Special Victims Unit' for another season and will rev up a new series based in Los Angeles, nicknamed 'LOLA.'
Deadline first reported the story on Thursday.
Read More on TV Squad >>>
Caught in Action: Celebrities Hard at Work
Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher chat on set of their new film 'Friends with Benefits' on May 13th.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Beyonce "Killed It" With Fifty Shades of Grey "Crazy In Love" Remake, Producer Boots Says
- Chelsea Clinton Celebrates Chic Baby Shower With Mom Hillary Clinton and Friends
- Robin Wright Shakes Her Booty, Slow Dances With Jimmy Fallon in Hilarious Tonight Show Sketch
- 24 Weeks And Growing! Tila Tequila Shows Off Her Baby Body! Posts Bra-Undies Picture On Facebook But Says She's ?Raising Her Alone'
- Baby Love! Mila Kunis And Ashton Kutcher's Nursery D
- Weird Al Yankovic has his first No. 1 album ever
- Queen Elizabeth II photobombs young tourists' selfie
- Alec Baldwin appears in NYC court after Shia LaBeouf leaves