Russell Crowe Has No Patience for Irish Accents
By PopEater Staff Posted May 14th 2010 09:20AM
"You've got dead ears, mate," Crowe crowed back. "You've seriously got dead ears if you think that's an Irish accent."
Give It a Listen:
When Lawson tried to backtrack and say he only meant he heard "hints" of Irish, the beefy Crowe became even angrier, saying the host's thinking was "bollocks."
After diving right back into the discussion about the film and Robin Hood's origins, Crowe came clumsily back to the accent, telling Larson, "I'm a little dumbfounded you could possibly find any Irish in that character. That's kind of ridiculous. It's your show. Whatever."
"So you were going for a northern English?" Larson asked, to which Crowe sniped, "No, I was going for an Italian, yeah. Missed it?"
Sensing he had exhausted any chance at a productive interview with the actor, Lawson asked Crowe to respond to published claims he refused to say certain famous lines in 'Gladiator' -- which is when Crowe simply walked out of the radio booth.
He said as he exited: "I don't get the Irish thing brother, I don't get it at all ..."
Watch a clip from the film ... catch any Irish in there?
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Law & Order' stars share their favorite memories
- Eminem replaced pill addiction with exercise after weighing in at 230 lbs
- FOX411's star snaps of the day
- BBC Worldwide Strikes First India VOD Deal
- Peter Capaldi Escapes Exploding Meteors in 'Doctor Who' Promo Image
- Zurich Film Festival Gala Screenings to Include Lance Armstrong Biopic
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- Quiz: Which TV Show Should You Binge Watch?
- 'The Dressmaker' Trailer Has Sexy Kate Winslet, Shirtless Liam Hemsworth
- Giant Inflatable Minion Flies Into Traffic, Causing Car Damage and Bad Puns