Russell Crowe Has No Patience for Irish Accents
By PopEater Staff Posted May 14th 2010 09:20AM
"You've got dead ears, mate," Crowe crowed back. "You've seriously got dead ears if you think that's an Irish accent."
Give It a Listen:
When Lawson tried to backtrack and say he only meant he heard "hints" of Irish, the beefy Crowe became even angrier, saying the host's thinking was "bollocks."
After diving right back into the discussion about the film and Robin Hood's origins, Crowe came clumsily back to the accent, telling Larson, "I'm a little dumbfounded you could possibly find any Irish in that character. That's kind of ridiculous. It's your show. Whatever."
"So you were going for a northern English?" Larson asked, to which Crowe sniped, "No, I was going for an Italian, yeah. Missed it?"
Sensing he had exhausted any chance at a productive interview with the actor, Lawson asked Crowe to respond to published claims he refused to say certain famous lines in 'Gladiator' -- which is when Crowe simply walked out of the radio booth.
He said as he exited: "I don't get the Irish thing brother, I don't get it at all ..."
Watch a clip from the film ... catch any Irish in there?
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Man charged in biting attack at Chicago's Lollapalooza music festival that wounded 2 men
- '19 Kids and Counting' star Michelle Duggar on how she and husband Jim Bob keep the flame alive
- HBO exec defends violence, sex scenes in 'Game of Thrones'
- You, Too, Can Party Like a Fashion Editor ? But It'll Cost You
- Liberty Ross Designs Limited-Edition Line for Genetic Denim
- Deborah Lippmann Thinks We'll See These 5 Nail Trends During Awards Season
- Watch the first 5 minutes of Lifetime's ?Unauthorized Saved by the Bell' movie
- More adult women play video games than teen boys ? will the industry act accordingly?
- Watch Joe Manganiello and the men of ?La Bare' play Never Have I Ever
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Review: Ranking All the Reasons to Kill
- The 7 Greatest HBO Shows of All Time (PHOTOS)
- Stop What You're Doing and Watch Bob Barker Punch An Animal Hater