Russell Crowe Has No Patience for Irish Accents
By PopEater Staff Posted May 14th 2010 09:20AM
"You've got dead ears, mate," Crowe crowed back. "You've seriously got dead ears if you think that's an Irish accent."
Give It a Listen:
When Lawson tried to backtrack and say he only meant he heard "hints" of Irish, the beefy Crowe became even angrier, saying the host's thinking was "bollocks."
After diving right back into the discussion about the film and Robin Hood's origins, Crowe came clumsily back to the accent, telling Larson, "I'm a little dumbfounded you could possibly find any Irish in that character. That's kind of ridiculous. It's your show. Whatever."
"So you were going for a northern English?" Larson asked, to which Crowe sniped, "No, I was going for an Italian, yeah. Missed it?"
Sensing he had exhausted any chance at a productive interview with the actor, Lawson asked Crowe to respond to published claims he refused to say certain famous lines in 'Gladiator' -- which is when Crowe simply walked out of the radio booth.
He said as he exited: "I don't get the Irish thing brother, I don't get it at all ..."
Watch a clip from the film ... catch any Irish in there?
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kanye West tweets apology to Beck for Grammys stagecrashing incident
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Robert De Niro pays $6.4 million IRS tax lien
- ABC Teases 'How to Get Away With Murder' Season 2 Renewal
- 'How to Get Away With Murder' Postmortem: Viola Davis on Lila's Killer, New Whodunit and Season 2
- 'American Idol': Top 12 Girls Fight to Stand Out
- Recap of 'The Blacklist' Season 2 Episode 13: The Deer Hunter
- #TBT: Kevin Spacey's Road to 'House of Cards'
- 7 Things to Know Before Watching 'House of Cards' Season 3