Tom Cruise Returns to Oprah's Couch, Doesn't Jump
By PopEater Staff Posted May 14th 2010 04:01PM
After Tom Cruise's 2005 couch jumping incident on Oprah (yes, it's infamous enough for its own subheading on Cruise's Wikipedia page), it was a surprise (relief?) to see the actor keeping his feet on the floor and his hands off the host today. Cruise visited the show to talk about his new film, 'Knight and Day,' with co-star Cameron Diaz.
Part of the conversation drifted to Cruise's daughter with Katie Holmes, Suri, who, after being spotted with an $850 Ferragamo purse, seems to have become a fashion icon for celebrity children. "She likes to dress herself and wears whatever she wants to wear," Cruise told Oprah. "She wants to wear it, she wears it ... a girl wants to wear what she wants to wear. I'm not gonna tell her different. She's got great taste. She tells me what to wear."
"Every time we see her, she is wearing a different outfit," Oprah chimed in. She went on to ask about how Suri responds to paparazzi, who seem to hound her as much as mum and pop.
"It's been there her whole life," Cruise said. "She's just such a happy, easy, fun girl. She just deals with it. We don't make it a problem. We don't get nervous about it. Katie's a very relaxed person, and you just deal with it."
Check out a clip from the appearance, courtesy of E! Online, below:
Tom Cruise Snapshots
LOS ANGELES, CA - MARCH 04: Actor Tom Cruise attends the 5th Annual 'Oscar Wilde: Honoring The Irish In Film' held at the Wilshire Ebell Theatre on March 4, 2010 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images for The US-Ireland Alliance) *** Local Caption *** Tom Cruise
Getty Images for The US-Ireland
Getty Images North America
MORE ABOUT Katie Holmes
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Katie Holmes Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Paul Walker's brothers to stand in for late actor as 'Fast & Furious 7' wraps
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cites 'severe' allergic reaction
- Tracy Morgan 'concerned' about Alec Baldwin
- China Introduces TV Broadcast Rule to Prevent Channels From All Airing the Same Show
- The Hollywood Reporter Names 2014's 35 Most Powerful People in Media
- Meet Tribeca's Behind-the-Screen Costume Queen
- ?New Girl' recap: I'm Okay, You're Okay (JK, We're All Broken Up)
- ?The Originals' recap: Three men and a baby
- ?Mindy Project' recap: The case of the missing scarf
- Pierce Brosnan Isn't Happy With His James Bond Performance
- Stephen Colbert Set for April 22 'Late Show' Appearance
- Tracy Morgan Is 'Concerned' About Alec Baldwin