Kate Gosselin's 'DWTS' Return a Gift and a Curse?
By Rob Shuter Posted May 17th 2010 08:02AM
Kate Gosselin might be excited about her return to the 'Dancing With the Stars' finale on May 24 and 25, however, other cast members are not so thrilled. Insiders, who know the ropes behind the hit competition, tell me that while Kate's return will likely bring in monster ratings, it is also bringing sneers and jeers from other competitors, who didn't exactly get along swimmingly with the octomom.
"Everyone, especially Kate's old dancing partner Tony, are dreading the return of Gosselin to the dance floor," one insider told me. "Kate comes with a lot of drama. She's the only celebrity who insisted on having a bodyguard with her at all times and put the costume department through hell each week. She tortured Tony and you don't even want to know what she put the show's hairdressers through! The day Kate was voted off, everyone was celebrating backstage. It's been a lot less toxic without her."
However, one group that is looking forward to Kate returning is the bigwigs at ABC, who only care about that Kate is ratings gold.
PRODUCTION PLAYER! DO NOT DELETE.
I'm not sure if it's good Kate or bad Kate that's going to show up next week, but I can tell you this -- no matter which Kate it is, we are ALL going to be watching.
Kate Gosselin Snapshots
In this image released by ABC, Kate Gosselin, left, and her partner Tony Dovolani compete in the celebrity dance competition series, "Dancing with the Stars," Monday, April 19, 2010 in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/ABC, Adam Larkey)
MORE ABOUT Kate Gosselin
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kate Gosselin Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bridget Moynahan Celebrates Tom Brady's Suspension Toss Amid Gisele Bundchen Marriage Issues
- Jason Sudeikis Plays Drinko With Jimmy Fallon, Chugs Tequila, Bubble Tea
- Miranda Lambert Lies on New York Sidewalk, Shares Heartbreaking Photo Post Blake Shelton Divorce
- 'Bachelorette' Andi Dorfman doesn't like dating in New York City
- Kris Jenner meets Caitlyn for the first time
- Karlie Kloss ditches runway for NYU
- Joan Rivers' Best Quotes on Life, Aging and Dying
- Pink Doesn't Deny Slamming Miley Cyrus, Nicki Minaj and Taylor Swift at the VMAs—but What About Demi Lovato?
- Remembering Joan Rivers 1 Year After Her Death: 26 Tributes That Proved Just How Iconic She Really Was