Kate Gosselin's 'DWTS' Return a Gift and a Curse?
By Rob Shuter Posted May 17th 2010 08:02AM
Kate Gosselin might be excited about her return to the 'Dancing With the Stars' finale on May 24 and 25, however, other cast members are not so thrilled. Insiders, who know the ropes behind the hit competition, tell me that while Kate's return will likely bring in monster ratings, it is also bringing sneers and jeers from other competitors, who didn't exactly get along swimmingly with the octomom.
"Everyone, especially Kate's old dancing partner Tony, are dreading the return of Gosselin to the dance floor," one insider told me. "Kate comes with a lot of drama. She's the only celebrity who insisted on having a bodyguard with her at all times and put the costume department through hell each week. She tortured Tony and you don't even want to know what she put the show's hairdressers through! The day Kate was voted off, everyone was celebrating backstage. It's been a lot less toxic without her."
However, one group that is looking forward to Kate returning is the bigwigs at ABC, who only care about that Kate is ratings gold.
PRODUCTION PLAYER! DO NOT DELETE.
I'm not sure if it's good Kate or bad Kate that's going to show up next week, but I can tell you this -- no matter which Kate it is, we are ALL going to be watching.
Kate Gosselin Snapshots
In this image released by ABC, Kate Gosselin, left, and her partner Tony Dovolani compete in the celebrity dance competition series, "Dancing with the Stars," Monday, April 19, 2010 in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/ABC, Adam Larkey)
MORE ABOUT Kate Gosselin
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kate Gosselin Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Tori Spelling Confirms Dean McDermott's True Tori Departure; Scott Disick Argues With Kourtney Kardashian Over Need For Space: Top 5 Stories
- President Obama's Teenage Daughters Were Not Impressed During the White House Turkey Pardon -- Watch Their Priceless Reactions
- Jennifer Aniston Calls Justin Theroux Her "Creative Crush", Says He Will Spend 20 Minutes Trying to Scare Her at Night
- Bollywood actress sentenced to 26 years in jail for blasphemy in Pakistan
- FOX411's pic of the day
- '19 Kids & Counting's' cousin Amy Duggar reaches for Nashville dreams
- Jessica Simpson Shares Adorable Photo of "Wild Turkeys" Maxwell and Ace at the Lake—See the Cute Pic!
- Remembering Paul Walker One Year Later: Cody Walker Reflects on His Brother's Life and Legacy
- Bill Cosby Joke Gone Wrong: Roseanne Barr Tweets Then Deletes Picture Post About Getting Into a "Tussle" With the Actor