Kate Gosselin's 'DWTS' Return a Gift and a Curse?
By Rob Shuter Posted May 17th 2010 08:02AM
Kate Gosselin might be excited about her return to the 'Dancing With the Stars' finale on May 24 and 25, however, other cast members are not so thrilled. Insiders, who know the ropes behind the hit competition, tell me that while Kate's return will likely bring in monster ratings, it is also bringing sneers and jeers from other competitors, who didn't exactly get along swimmingly with the octomom.
"Everyone, especially Kate's old dancing partner Tony, are dreading the return of Gosselin to the dance floor," one insider told me. "Kate comes with a lot of drama. She's the only celebrity who insisted on having a bodyguard with her at all times and put the costume department through hell each week. She tortured Tony and you don't even want to know what she put the show's hairdressers through! The day Kate was voted off, everyone was celebrating backstage. It's been a lot less toxic without her."
However, one group that is looking forward to Kate returning is the bigwigs at ABC, who only care about that Kate is ratings gold.
PRODUCTION PLAYER! DO NOT DELETE.
I'm not sure if it's good Kate or bad Kate that's going to show up next week, but I can tell you this -- no matter which Kate it is, we are ALL going to be watching.
Kate Gosselin Snapshots
In this image released by ABC, Kate Gosselin, left, and her partner Tony Dovolani compete in the celebrity dance competition series, "Dancing with the Stars," Monday, April 19, 2010 in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/ABC, Adam Larkey)
MORE ABOUT Kate Gosselin
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kate Gosselin Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Mila Kunis Shows Off Growing Baby Bump, Kourtney Kardashian Wears Bootylicious Swimsuit: Top Stories
- Matt Bomer Reveals He Married Partner Simon Halls Three Years Ago
- Meryl Streep: I Thought I Was Too Ugly to Be an Actress
- True Tori: Spelling Recalls The Moment When Husband Dean McDermott Lied To Her In Denying Affair: ?I Noticed His Right Eyebrow Shaking'
- 'Bettie Page Reveals All' heads to DVD
- Editor says Gabriel Garcia Marquez left unpublished manuscript
- Letterman welcomes successor Colbert for first time since announcing retirement
- Teen Mom 2's Kailyn Lowry Talks Living in a Homeless Shelter: "I Didn't Want My Son to Be Taken Away From Me"
- Glee's Touching Tribute to Cory Monteith, Death and Deception on Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. and More OMG TV Moments!
- Chef Candice Kumai's Favorite Healthy Juice & Smoothie Recipes for Earth Day