Will The Donald Give Bret Michaels an Easy Win?
By Rob Shuter Posted May 18th 2010 02:05AM
Bret Michaels following his near-fatal brain hemorrhage a few weeks ago. And while public sympathy is one thing, as we head into the 'Apprentice' finale, my sources are telling me that Donald Trump -- the one who does the hiring and firing on the show -- is also pretty biased and may choose Bret simply for ratings. Could it be, Donald? The word ... after the jump!
The Donald to Leverage Bret's Woes?
Now that the 'Celebrity Apprentice' is down to the final two, Bret Michaels and Holly Robinson Peete, TV executives tell me it will be almost impossible for Bret Michaels to lose.
"We are talking about Donald Trump," laughed one executive. "He never lets a press opportunity pass him by and after all Bret has been through, Trump will definitely make him the winner."
The finale challenge was taped months ago -- long before any of Bret's health issues. However, the decision on who Trump hires is made during the live finale.
In the challenge, Holly and Bret are responsible for creating a new flavor of tea for Snapple. Bret and his returning teammates, Darryl Strawberry and Summer Sanders, create a cinnamon-vanilla concoction called Tropirocka. Holly and her potty-mouthed teammates, Maria and Curtis, create a compassion berry flavor, which sources tell me is much better.
They might have the better tea, but do they have sympa-tea? Sorry, that was terrible! PopEater's not ashamed to say we're Team Bret to support our pal!
Tom Cruise: His Own Worst Enemy
Movie executives believe they dodged a bullet a few days ago when Tom Cruise returned to the Oprah Winfrey studio to promote his upcoming film with Cameron Diaz, 'Knight and Day.'
It was five years ago this month that Cruise professed his love for his then-wife-to-be, Katie Holmes, on Winfrey's show by infamously jumping on the set's couch. Tom has since appeared on the show in 2008 to explain his odd behavior.
"No one can control Tom. He does and says exactly what he wants even if his words and actions sometimes harm his career," said one insider. "Tom is his own worst enemy, talking about Scientology and his 4-year-old daughter's great taste when he should be talking about his great new movie. But who is going to tell the world's biggest movie star that?"
And although 'Oprah' went well last week, movie executives still know they are not out of the woods just yet. Tom has a lot more interviews coming up, where everyone hopes he keeps his feet firmly on the ground.
Snubbed By Newly-Skinny Jason Alexander
You would think that losing over 30 pounds in 18 weeks would make you want to shout from the rooftops, but that wasn't the case with Jenny Craig's new spokesperson, Jason Alexander, at Monday's press conference.
The poorly-attended event I showed up at had more publicists than press, but none of this mattered when the hilarious and trim Jason took the stage to promote Jenny Craig at The Pierre Hotel. After the presentation, I waited to ask Jason my questions: What celebrity friend he thought could benefit from Jenny? What food he missed the most? Is sex better when you are skinny?
But after an hour waiting, I was running late for my lunch date. Sorry, Jason ... if you want to answer some questions, e-mail me at email@example.com!
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
"Jersey Shore" cast members grabs drinks before strolling about town to film an episode for the upcoming season in Miami Beach.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
MORE ABOUT Bret Michaels
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Bret Michaels Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Human Ken Doll Justin Jedlica: "I Never Set Out to Look Like a Doll"
- Julia Roberts: I Can Still Recite My Lines From Pretty Woman, Notting Hill
- Andi Dorfman, Fiance Josh Murray Mock Her Famous Frown in Cute Family Picture After Bachelorette Finale
- Julia Roberts Doesn't Address Sister's Death In TODAY Chat; Says She ?Wouldn't Survive' As Up-And-Coming Actress In Times Of ?Nasty' Social Media
- Jamie Foxx To Play Mike Tyson; A Look At Best-Ever Biopics
- Kristen Bell Debuts Second Baby Bump on Red Carpet
- Keith Urban 'horrified' by alleged rape, multiple arrests at Massachusetts concert
- Deep Thoughts by Monica Lewinsky: Why she stopped watching ?Orange is the New Black'
- Golfer Dustin Johnson leaves tour to seek 'professional help'
- Justin Bieber Moves Past Orlando Bloom Drama, Posts Flirty Selfie With Model Pal Shanina Shaik
- Wait, What?! Cobie Smulders Was Almost Kate on Lost! Plus, Hear How HIMYM Made Her "F—king Weep"
- Don't Ever Change, Real Housewives of New Jersey! The Ladies Throw Down at a First-Responders Party—Watch Now