John Travolta and Kelly Preston Are Expecting
Now, the family confirms the news on Travolta's official Web site. "It's impossible to keep a secret ... especially one as wonderful as this. We want to be the first to share this great news with everyone that we are expecting a new addition to our family. Love, John, Kelly and Ella"
If Preston is indeed three months pregnant as the source says, she would likely be due in November.
Travolta and Preston wed in 1991 and had two children, daughter Ella Bleu, born in 2000, and their late son Jett, who died in 2009 at age 16. Jett, who had a history of seizures, died on January 2 last year while at the Travoltas' residence in the Bahamas. Both John Travolta and Kelly Preston have kept low profiles since his death.
Preston had spoken to PEOPLE back in 2007 about her desire for a third child. "I thought I would get pregnant when Ella was about 4," she said in August of 2007. "Then I wanted to work a little bit more, and all of a sudden she's 7. I'm not pregnant now, but I don't have another movie project [lined up]; that's all I'll say."
Preston was due to speak at The Women's Conference last summer but pulled out when she felt it was still too close to the tragedy. Travolta did not do public appearances to publicize his films -- 'The Taking of Pelham 123,' 'Old Dogs' and 'From Paris With Love -- that have opened in the wake of Jett's death.
We would like to extend our deepest and most heartfelt thanks to everyone who has sent their love and condolences. Jett was the most wonderful son that two parents could ever ask for and lit up the lives of everyone he encountered. We are heartbroken that our time with him was so brief. We will cherish the time we had with him for the rest of our lives. We have received many messages of condolence from around the world and we want to thank everyone for their prayers and support. It has meant so much to us. It is a beautiful reminder of the inherent goodness in the human spirit that gives us a hope for a brighter future.
John, Kelly and Ella
The good news on Kelly Preston's pregnancy comes just days after a bizarre accident claimed the lives of Travolta's pet dogs. An airport service vehicle struck and killed two dogs belonging to John Travolta last week at Bangor International Airport in Maine. The accident occurred last Thursday morning; city officials confirmed the story to the Bangor Daily News on Monday. Read More on the Story Here >>>
It's a Girl!
The 35-year-old 'Doubt' and 'Julie & Julia' actress gave birth to her first child with her fiance. They named their newborn Aviana Olea Le Gallo.
Celebrity Baby Boom
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- What do Adam Levine and Wilmer Valderrama have in common? ObamaCare
- One Direction fans attack Lorde's boyfriend with racist tweets
- Kim Kardashian defends giving 10 percent of eBay auction proceeds to charity, says its plenty
- Parvati Shallow Recaps 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water': Tears, Lies and a Shocking Victory
- 'Grimm': Alexis Denisof Makes His Royal Debut (Exclusive Video)
- How Armani Dressed 'The Wolf of Wall Street'
- The Golden Globe Comedy and Musical nominees: Where laughter goes to die
- Lea Michele opens up about Cory Monteith to Ellen DeGeneres
- Golden Globe nominations: Reactions from Matthew McConaughey, Kerry Washington & more
- Here's the New Logo for Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar' (PHOTO)
- Weekend Movies: 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug,' 'Tyler Perry's A Madea Christmas,' 'Saving Mr. Banks,' & More
- Tom Hanks on the Burden of Playing Walt Disney, the Real P.L. Travers, and Dinners With Emma Thompson