'Single Ladies' Tots Are Back With More Sexy Dancing
By Amber James Posted May 18th 2010 05:15PM
Beyonce's 'Single Ladies' hit the web. Although a World of Dance representative and the girls' own parents claimed the dance was "taken out of context," this isn't the first time these young dancers have caused a stir by acting grown up during dance competitions. Here, the girls perform 'My Boyfriend's Back' at the 2009 Hall of Fame Nationals:
According to YouTube, the 'My Boyfriend's Back' routine was choreographed by Dance Precisions' Molly Long. Dance Precisions' studio in Orange County, California, offers training in jazz, tap, ballet and hip hop for beginners to advanced dancers, ages 3 to 18 years. Representatives from the studio did not return a call for comment.
With nearly 2 million hits, the controversial 'Single Ladies' clip, taped at the World of Dance competition in Pomona, Calif., last month, has gone viral.
Melissa Presch, mother of one of the little dancers, told 'Inside Edition' that the girls got their moves from the 'Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel' -- not Beyonce's music video. But with this suggestive new footage from past competitions, eyebrows are still raised. But who is to blame?
Larry Peters, executive vice president of The Hozman Group and rep for the World of Dance competition, says the controversy regarding the 'Single Ladies' performance was blown out of proportion.
"I can tell you the cheering and screaming you heard on the video was from other parents and dance teams that were just blown away by their dance performance and precision. There was NOTHING provocative about what they were doing," Peters told PopEater last week.
The World of Dance Tour is the largest national urban and street dance competition, and in 2010 is taking place in nine major markets throughout the U.S. Top dance troupes partake in competition, which focuses on the art of street dancing and today's new age choreography, embracing urban dance and youth lifestyle.
MORE ABOUT Beyonce Knowles
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Beyonce Knowles Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Mila Kunis Shows Off Growing Baby Bump, Kourtney Kardashian Wears Bootylicious Swimsuit: Top Stories
- Matt Bomer Reveals He Married Partner Simon Halls Three Years Ago
- Meryl Streep: I Thought I Was Too Ugly to Be an Actress
- True Tori: Spelling Recalls The Moment When Husband Dean McDermott Lied To Her In Denying Affair: ?I Noticed His Right Eyebrow Shaking'
- Editor says Gabriel Garcia Marquez left unpublished manuscript
- Letterman welcomes successor Colbert for first time since announcing retirement
- Christian band MercyMe opens up about abuse, God and new album
- Teen Mom 2's Kailyn Lowry Talks Living in a Homeless Shelter: "I Didn't Want My Son to Be Taken Away From Me"
- Glee's Touching Tribute to Cory Monteith, Death and Deception on Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. and More OMG TV Moments!
- Chef Candice Kumai's Favorite Healthy Juice & Smoothie Recipes for Earth Day