CBS Moves 'Big Bang,' and New Rivals Feel the Pain
By Marc Schneider Posted May 19th 2010 05:00PM
The brains behind NBC's 'Community' promptly responded to fan concerns that CBS was trying to destroy his lovable-yet-ratings-impaired show. Dan Harmon told his Twitter followers, "Well, if CBS thinks I'm a big enough threat to send a terminator, the least I can do is prove them right."
Harmon later jokingly described 'Big Bang's' move to 8PM as a "bad dream."
Of course, 'Community' isn't the only show that will feel the pain once 'Theory' is fact at 8. 'Bones' creator Hart Hanson has spent years watching his forensic crime drama place second behind 'Survivor,' which is moving to Wednesdays.
"Bones has traded Survivor for Big Bang Theory?" he asked on Twitter. "I have to admit, I find Big Bang much funnier, even during tribal council whatchamahoozies."
Noah Hawley, creator of ABC's new show 'My Generation,' which will make its debut at 8PM on Thursdays, asked his rival producers/writers, "Are you ready to rumble?"
Whether there will be much of a fight remains to be seen, but CBS isn't feeling sorry for its rivals.
"We're not in the charity business," scheduling chief Kelly Kahl told The Live Feed. "The performance of [NBC's] comedies is not something that deterred us. People like those shows, but they're not setting the world on fire ratings wise."
Warner Bros., which produces 'Big Bang,' was equally dismissive of the current Thursday offerings on NBC and beyond.
"I do believe there is a tremendous opportunity in the time period," Peter Roth, president at Warner, told the New York Times. "It's not one of the most competitive time periods; the competition is relatively weak."
'Big Bang' is in its third season and is the highest-rated sitcom on TV among the much-coveted 18-49 demographic. It was recently announced that repeats of the show, about a pair of physicists and their hot neighbor, will air on TBS starting next year.
Caught in Action: Celebrities Hard at Work
Jon Hamm, star of the hit series "Mad Men", is spotted filming scenes for the upcoming season. Jon was all smiles while filming in a red, vintage Imperial convertible.
Pacific Coast News
Pacific Coast News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Tracy Morgan Still Using Cane to Walk Almost Year After Tragic Car Accident ? See the Recent Pic
- Angelina Jolie Reveals She Doesn't "Look Back," Says "What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger"
- 19 Kids and Counting Celebrates Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald's Wedding -- Go Inside the Ceremony!
- ?New Girl' renewed for season 5 by Fox
- Trevor Noah's tweets called 'anti-Semitic,' 'sexist;' Comedy Central stands behind new 'Daily Show' host
- 'Britain's Got Talent' execs afraid of host's wardrobe malfunctions?
- You'll Never Guess Who Sang Backup Vocals for Rihanna's ''FourFiveSeconds'' Track!
- Oil Dynasty Heir Andrew Getty Found Dead at 47, LAPD's Robbery-Homicide Division Investigating
- Joe Giudice Breaks His Silence About Teresa Giudice in Prison, Says He's Trying to ''Stay Strong'' and Appreciates Her ''Way More''