CBS Moves 'Big Bang,' and New Rivals Feel the Pain
By Marc Schneider Posted May 19th 2010 05:00PM
The brains behind NBC's 'Community' promptly responded to fan concerns that CBS was trying to destroy his lovable-yet-ratings-impaired show. Dan Harmon told his Twitter followers, "Well, if CBS thinks I'm a big enough threat to send a terminator, the least I can do is prove them right."
Harmon later jokingly described 'Big Bang's' move to 8PM as a "bad dream."
Of course, 'Community' isn't the only show that will feel the pain once 'Theory' is fact at 8. 'Bones' creator Hart Hanson has spent years watching his forensic crime drama place second behind 'Survivor,' which is moving to Wednesdays.
"Bones has traded Survivor for Big Bang Theory?" he asked on Twitter. "I have to admit, I find Big Bang much funnier, even during tribal council whatchamahoozies."
Noah Hawley, creator of ABC's new show 'My Generation,' which will make its debut at 8PM on Thursdays, asked his rival producers/writers, "Are you ready to rumble?"
Whether there will be much of a fight remains to be seen, but CBS isn't feeling sorry for its rivals.
"We're not in the charity business," scheduling chief Kelly Kahl told The Live Feed. "The performance of [NBC's] comedies is not something that deterred us. People like those shows, but they're not setting the world on fire ratings wise."
Warner Bros., which produces 'Big Bang,' was equally dismissive of the current Thursday offerings on NBC and beyond.
"I do believe there is a tremendous opportunity in the time period," Peter Roth, president at Warner, told the New York Times. "It's not one of the most competitive time periods; the competition is relatively weak."
'Big Bang' is in its third season and is the highest-rated sitcom on TV among the much-coveted 18-49 demographic. It was recently announced that repeats of the show, about a pair of physicists and their hot neighbor, will air on TBS starting next year.
Caught in Action: Celebrities Hard at Work
Jon Hamm, star of the hit series "Mad Men", is spotted filming scenes for the upcoming season. Jon was all smiles while filming in a red, vintage Imperial convertible.
Pacific Coast News
Pacific Coast News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Spill on "Most Intense" Fifth Season: Drama, New Friendships
- Taylor Swift's 1989 Album Leaks, Fans Freak Out on Twitter But Stay Loyal to Superstar -- Read the Funny Tweets Here
- Rumer Willis: Photoshopping Me to Appear Thinner in Lookbook Was "F---ed Up," "Unacceptable"
- ?I'm Hurt' ? Anna Shannon Confirms She Was Victim Of Mama June's Child Molester Boyfriend, Says Relationship With Mother ?Over'
- Remains Found In Virginia Confirmed To Be Those Of Hannah Graham
- Toxic Love? Marysville School Shooter & Girlfriend Had Relationship Turmoil Before Killings ? Read The Bitter Tweets
- Gene Simmons to women: Stop depending on men
- Jim Parsons to star in NBC's ?Elf' animated holiday special
- FOX411's pic of the day
- "Human Ken Doll" Justin Jedlica Reveals He Has a Day Job—Find Out What It Is!
- Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher "Stoked" to Dress Daughter Wyatt Up for Halloween, Already Thinking About Baby No. 2!
- Ed Sheeran Apologizes for Calling Miley Cyrus a ''Stripper'': "I Was a Bit of a C--t''