Gabriel Aubry Wants More Custody of Daughter With Halle Berry
By PopEater Staff Posted May 19th 2010 07:50AM
"It's been pretty difficult for Gabriel to see Nahla the last few weeks. He's really getting sick of it and it's getting to the point where he is seriously considering his options regarding pursuing permanent custody. He refuses to give up rights to his daughter, he loves her more than anything and is determined to be a regular, full-time fixture in her life," a source told RadarOnline.com.
"The latest issue is that Halle is due to move to South Africa during July, August and September to work on a movie and she wants to take Nahla with her full time. That would mean Gabriel not seeing his daughter for three whole months and there's no way he's going to allow that," the source added.
"Gabriel requested that he be allowed to keep Nahla with him in Los Angeles, but Halle wouldn't let that happen, so the two reached a total stalemate and it started getting nasty, with both of them looking into entering a legal battle," the insider continued.
But they came to an accord. "In the end, they reached an agreement. Basically Halle is going to pay Gabriel to be a kind of full-time nanny and to come to South Africa for the three months she's there, and to be Nahla's full-time caregiver."
According to the source, the two will be living in the same rented house, but Berry plans to rent another for Aubry if that doesn't work out.
"As it is, they are stuck with each other, and I guess all they can do is try to make things as harmonious as possible for the sake of Nahla – she is the number one priority for both of them – so maybe, for her sake, they can make it work."
Hugh Jackman gives daughter Ava a lift on May 17th in New York City.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Country star Toby Keith says tornado-ravaged Okla. hometown is 'resilient,' planning benefit
- Then and Now: 'The Brady Bunch'
- Khloe Kardashian Odom yanks T-shirt after Gov. Andrew Cuomo threatens legal action
- John Malone's Liberty Global Eyes Sale of TV Channels Arm (Report)
- Cannes: Indian Director Anurag Kashyap on His Five Films on the Croisette (Q&A)
- Cannes: U.K.'s Rainmark Films Partners With Germany's Beta for Nordic Crime Thriller
- ?Glee' star Jenna Ushkowitz takes EW's Pop Culture Personality Test ? VIDEO
- Meet Mimi Haist, the woman Zach Galifianakis saved from homelessness ? VIDEO
- ?Annie' Broadway cast album with Jane Lynch bonus tracks ? EXCLUSIVE FIRST LISTEN
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- 'The Lone Ranger' Trailer: The Rise of an American Legend
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': How J.J. Abrams Kept the Identity of Benedict Cumberbatch's Villain a Secret
- Zach Galifianakis's 'Hangover III' Date: A Formerly Homeless Pal