'Tudors' Star Jonathan Rhys Meyers Back to Rehab
By PopEater Staff Posted May 19th 2010 08:15AM
Though the rep declined to give further details, a source close to the situation tells PEOPLE that the 32-year-old star "just really wants to get better," adding, "this has been an ongoing battle for him."
The 'Bend It Like Beckham' and 'Match Point' star first entered rehab in April 2007, but it had no lasting impact on the actor. Just months after seeking treatment, he was arrested in a Dublin airport for public intoxication, and in June 2009, he was detained at a Paris airport after an alleged drunken assault on a lounge employee.
His airport woes continued earlier this month when he was reportedly barred from boarding a flight out of New York's JFK airport because he had had too much to drink at a nearby VIP lounge.
According to RadarOnline.com, the actor became "belligerent" and "disruptive" with airport staff and was subsequently banned by United Airlines for future flights.
Jonathan Rhys Meyers Photos
LONDON, ENGLAND - FEBRUARY 21: Jonathan Rhys Meyers and guest attend the BAFTA Soho House Grey Goose after party at the Grosvenor House Hotel on February 21, 2010 in London, England. (Photo by Chris Jackson/Getty Images for Grey Goose) *** Local Caption *** Jonathan Rhys Meyers
Getty Images for Grey Goose
Getty Images Europe
Jonathan Rhys Meyers Snapshots
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Pregnant Kim Kardashian Wears the Same Shimmering Sweater Halter Dress Twice in Two Weeks: See Her Recycled Maternity Style!
- Demi Lovato Inspiring Words to Herself Pre-VMAs Set Caught on Audio: "I Am Enough"
- Kim Richards Skipped Court Appearance Because of Injured Foot: Details
- Janice Dickinson collapses on 'Celebrity Big Brother UK'
- Will ‘Bachelor' contestant Ashley Iaconetti really lose virginity on national TV?
- Director fires back after critics call out Taylor Swift's video for use of white actors
- Diane Kruger & Elizabeth Banks Just Won the 2015 Venice Film Festival Red Carpet—See Their Breathtaking Gowns!
- Lupita Nyong'o Steps Out With a Full Head of Braids—See Her Easy End-of-Summer Hairstyle!
- Let's Check In on the Doctor Who Fanbase to See How They're Handling the Return of River Song