'Tudors' Star Jonathan Rhys Meyers Back to Rehab
By PopEater Staff Posted May 19th 2010 08:15AM
Though the rep declined to give further details, a source close to the situation tells PEOPLE that the 32-year-old star "just really wants to get better," adding, "this has been an ongoing battle for him."
The 'Bend It Like Beckham' and 'Match Point' star first entered rehab in April 2007, but it had no lasting impact on the actor. Just months after seeking treatment, he was arrested in a Dublin airport for public intoxication, and in June 2009, he was detained at a Paris airport after an alleged drunken assault on a lounge employee.
His airport woes continued earlier this month when he was reportedly barred from boarding a flight out of New York's JFK airport because he had had too much to drink at a nearby VIP lounge.
According to RadarOnline.com, the actor became "belligerent" and "disruptive" with airport staff and was subsequently banned by United Airlines for future flights.
Jonathan Rhys Meyers Photos
LONDON, ENGLAND - FEBRUARY 21: Jonathan Rhys Meyers and guest attend the BAFTA Soho House Grey Goose after party at the Grosvenor House Hotel on February 21, 2010 in London, England. (Photo by Chris Jackson/Getty Images for Grey Goose) *** Local Caption *** Jonathan Rhys Meyers
Getty Images for Grey Goose
Getty Images Europe
Jonathan Rhys Meyers Snapshots
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bachelorette Andi Dorfman, New Fiance Josh Murray Talk Wedding Plans; Read Nick Viall's Emotional Letter to Andi: Top 5 Tuesday Stories
- Scarlett Johansson Debuts Short Pixie Haircut: Picture
- Nicole Richie Reveals the Easiest and Hardest Parts of Being Married to Joel Madden, Talks About Motherhood
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- 'Dancing with the Stars:' Maksim Chmerkovskiy won't return as a dancer
- 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' promotional tweet criticized for 9/11 resemblance
- 'Deadliest Catch's' Keith Colburn: Washington politics hurt my business