Lindsay Loses Passport, Will Miss Court Hearing
By PopEater Staff Posted May 19th 2010 02:19PM
According to TMZ, Lindsay claims that someone stole her passport in Cannes, and she was denied when attempting to board her flight back to Los Angeles Tuesday. She will meet with the US Embassy Thursday morning to receive a new passport.
But the judge for her hearing, Marsha Revel, has said she will put out a warrant for Lindsay's arrest if she fails to show up Thursday at 8:30 AM.
Lindsay has been on DUI probation since her 2007 arrest. Any violation of that probation, such as skipping alcohol education classes, missing court hearings or excessive alcohol use, could land her in jail.
Lindsay's lawyer, Shawn Chapman Holley, told TMZ, "I was on the phone with Lindsay's assistant the entire night and we're doing everything we can to resolve this issue and get her back to LA."
"Lindsay is distraught because it was her intention to get back to LA today to do more alcohol education classes and appear in court tomorrow," Holley continued.
Despite attending only 10 of the 13 required alcohol education classes, Lindsay received high marks from the program, which stated that she "attends regularly and consistently." Officials also say that her "attitude is positive and receptive to ideas regarding lifestyle changes."
A district attorney on the case is apparently pushing for up to 180 days in jail, but it's up to the judge to decide whether or not Lindsay will serve any time.
Watch the Girls on Pop Talk Lindsay
Lindsay Lohan Snapshots
© BAUER-GRIFFIN.COM ***NO CANADA RIGHTS*** Chopard party at the VIP club as part of the 63rd Cannes Film Festival. Picture Shows: Lindsay Lohan NON-EXCLUSIVE May 17, 2010 Job: 68900EX Cannes, France www.bauergriffin.com www.bauergriffinonline.com
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Joan Rivers under fire for joke about kidnapped Cleveland women
- California high court won't review conviction of Michael Jackson's doctor
- Hollywood sex abuse suit: Theater producer denies allegations
- Safdie Brothers Complete Filming 'Heaven Knows What'
- Josh Gad Sets Up Family Adventure Project at Disney
- Emily Browning in Talks to Join Tom Hardy in Crime Thriller 'Legend'
- ?Arrow' recap: Mama knows best
- ?Survivor: Cagayan': And the eliminated contestant is?
- ?Game of Thrones' workout plan will give you Kingslayer abs
- Forget 'Jem,' Now Barbie Is Getting Her Own Movie Franchise
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Season 2: Watch the First 50 Seconds of Episode 1 (VIDEO)
- Here Are All the HBO Shows Coming to Amazon Prime