Judge Issues Warrant for Lindsay Lohan's Arrest
By PopEater Staff Posted May 20th 2010 11:58AM
The judge is letting her surrender in court, if in fact she lost her passport while in Cannes. Judge Revel set Lohan's bail at $100,000. Lindsay's lawyer, Shawn Chapman Holley, and Michael Lohan were at the courthouse. "She had valid reason for not being here today," said Holley. "This is a young woman who is complying ... but could not be here because of something out of her control."
Still, despite all of the drama, Lindsay's mother Dina is confident that all of this will blow over, as she tells PopEater's Rob Shuter exclusively: "Everything is going to be fine. Lindsay has a new passport." The U.S. Customs Agency disagrees, though, telling TMZ that Lindsay will likely be arrested when she tries to get back into the U.S. "Anyone who enters the country who has an active warrant in the law enforcement database will be detained by their office and local authorities will be called," a Customs rep said.
According to TMZ, Lohan claimed that someone stole her passport in Cannes, and she was denied when attempting to board her flight back to Los Angeles Tuesday. She said she intended to meet with the US Embassy Thursday morning to receive a new passport.
However, RadarOnline reports that Lohan never applied to get a new passport, and TMZ reports Lindsay also didn't report the stolen passport to French authorities.
Judge Revel (pictured, left) laid out specific actions Lohan will have to take in order to stay out of jail. Upon posting bail, the actress will have to wear an alcohol monitoring bracelet, called a SCRAM, and undergo random drug testing once a week. She'll also be barred from drinking alcohol until a formal probation hearing.
Despite attending only 10 of the 13 required alcohol education classes, Lindsay received high marks from the program, which stated that she "attends regularly and consistently." Officials also say that her "attitude is positive and receptive to ideas regarding lifestyle changes."
However, recently there has been a rash of rumors and reports claiming that Lohan is back on the party scene, with many claiming that she is once again drinking -- which would be a violation of her probation.
Prior to the warrant being issued, a friend of Lohan's told Shuter that Lindsay was not pleased with Revel being assigned to her case. "Lindsay thinks that judge is so mean ... Lindsay wants a new judge that isn't as bossy and strict ... It's not like Lindsay isn't busy. She's an international movie star," the friend said.
This all stems from Lohan's June 2007 arrest in which she was pulled over and taken into custody for suspicion of drunk driving and cocaine possession. Just a month earlier, she was arrested on another DUI charge.
the Girls on Pop Talk Lindsay
Lindsay Lohan Snapshots
© BAUER-GRIFFIN.COM ***NO CANADA RIGHTS*** Chopard party at the VIP club as part of the 63rd Cannes Film Festival. Picture Shows: Lindsay Lohan NON-EXCLUSIVE May 17, 2010 Job: 68900EX Cannes, France www.bauergriffin.com www.bauergriffinonline.com
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Golden Globe nominations revealed!
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' review: Emma Thompson, Tom Hanks perfect in year's best film
- EXCLUSIVE: Oscar De La Hoya released from rehab
- ABC Orders Four More Episodes of 'Shark Tank' (Exclusive)
- Golden Globes: '12 Years A Slave,' 'American Hustle' Dominate Film Noms
- 'Vampire Diaries' EP on Fall Finale: 'It Will Have Massive Effects' on Show (Q&A)
- No Oprah? No Scorsese? What were the Golden Globes' most egregious snubs?
- Susan Sarandon was high during all those award shows; Well, except the Oscars ? VIDEO
- TV Recap: ?Modern Family,' ?Nashville,' ?American Horror Story: Coven' ? VIDEO
- Peter Jackson Is Making a 'Tintin' Sequel After 'The Hobbit' Trilogy
- Fantasy Movie Mistakes: 31 Fantastical Film Flubs (PHOTOS)
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' Review: 10 Things to Know About the Real-Life Disney Tale