Travis Garland Better Than Justin Timberlake? Um
By PopEater Staff Posted May 20th 2010 11:28AM
Garland's big booster is blogger Perez Hilton, who made a couple of suspect claims in the intro to the 'Idol' performance: First, he told viewers he "discovered" Garland, who was actually in NLT, a boy band that also included 'Glee' star Kevin McHale. Second, Hilton boasted Garland is "better than Justin Timberlake." We'll just let you chew on that gristle.
Beyond his knowing Kevin McHale, Perez Hilton and, now, Ryan Seacrest, little else is known about the Texas native (having no Wikipedia page will do that to a guy).
We do know he digs fellow singer Justin Bieber. In an interview with EW, Garland said of Bieber: "I really appreciate his talent, and I can really respect someone who handles the kind of success he's received so well. I respect his maturity."
So far, comments on the performance of 'Believe' on 'Idol' have been overwhelmingly negative. One YouTube commenter, named "MsBlueyes5," took Hilton to task for his boast: "Oh Perez! You're funny and everything but come on ... better than Justin Timberlake! No way. Right when you said that you set him up for failure!"
Another, by "The Soulshock," said that while he liked Garland, "He was bouncing around the stage too much. He is a new face, should've focused more on the vocals and stayed in the same place for a while ... It's all over the place this performance."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Steve Kroft's sexually explicit texts to mistress
- 'American Sniper' sets new Super Bowl weekend record
- Roseanne thinks Bill Cosby is guilty but still 'not the end' of his career
- ?SNL' Recap: J.K. Simmons Takes a ?Snow Day' and More Great Skits!
- New Details on Bobbi Kristina's Condition After Being Found Unresponsive in a Bathtub
- Val Kilmer Responds to Health Scare, Denies Tumor Operation
- Bobby Brown Releases Statement on Bobbi Kristina's Condition: "Please Allow My Family to Give My Daughter the Love and Support She Needs"
- Chris O'Dowd, Wife Dawn O'Porter Welcome First Child, a Baby Boy Named Art O'Porter
- Kim Kardashian, Kanye West Go on Waffle House Double Date With John Legend, Chrissy Teigen After DirecTV Performance: Pics