Travis Garland Better Than Justin Timberlake? Um
By PopEater Staff Posted May 20th 2010 11:28AM
Garland's big booster is blogger Perez Hilton, who made a couple of suspect claims in the intro to the 'Idol' performance: First, he told viewers he "discovered" Garland, who was actually in NLT, a boy band that also included 'Glee' star Kevin McHale. Second, Hilton boasted Garland is "better than Justin Timberlake." We'll just let you chew on that gristle.
Beyond his knowing Kevin McHale, Perez Hilton and, now, Ryan Seacrest, little else is known about the Texas native (having no Wikipedia page will do that to a guy).
We do know he digs fellow singer Justin Bieber. In an interview with EW, Garland said of Bieber: "I really appreciate his talent, and I can really respect someone who handles the kind of success he's received so well. I respect his maturity."
So far, comments on the performance of 'Believe' on 'Idol' have been overwhelmingly negative. One YouTube commenter, named "MsBlueyes5," took Hilton to task for his boast: "Oh Perez! You're funny and everything but come on ... better than Justin Timberlake! No way. Right when you said that you set him up for failure!"
Another, by "The Soulshock," said that while he liked Garland, "He was bouncing around the stage too much. He is a new face, should've focused more on the vocals and stayed in the same place for a while ... It's all over the place this performance."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- David Hasselhoff reportedly being wooed for 'Celebrity Apprentice'
- Henry Winker calls Kim Kardahian 'charming and warm'
- Khloe Kardashian jokes about having sex with O.J. Simpson
- ?Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. to Tie the Knot
- No More Dollar Sign! Kesha Changes Name Spelling, Looks Happy Post-Rehab
- Michael Jackson's Son Controversy: Real Dad Steps Forward
- Susan Sarandon Says She's "Very Excited" About Daughter Eva Amurri's Pregnancy, Reveals What Baby Gift She Already Bought Her
- Christian Bale, Wife Sibi Expecting Second Child
- Shakira's Boyfriend Gerard Pique Doesn't Allow Her to Make Music Videos With Men, "He's Very Territorial"