U2's Bono Undergoes Emergency Back Surgery
By PopEater Staff Posted May 21st 2010 11:04AM
According to the spokesperson, Bono was treated for an "injury sustained during tour preparation training." No detail was given as to what his injury was.
"Once his condition has been assessed further, a statement will be made regarding the impact on forthcoming tour dates," the spokesperson said.
U2 was scheduled to play several U.S. dates during the months of June and July -- kicking off with a show in Salt Lake City on June 3 -- and then making the jump overseas in August.
This is a continuation of the band's 2009 U2 360 tour, which grossed just shy of $110 million, making it the year's most profitable show, according to Billboard magazine.
The U2 Crew
President Bill Clinton and Bono of U2 attend the American Ireland Fund Gala at the Tent at Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts on May 6, 2010 in New York City. American Ireland Fund Gala The Tent at Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts New York, NY United States May 6, 2010 Photo by Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com To license this image (17259071), contact WireImage.com
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Report: Beyonce pregnant with second child
- Taylor Swift fan arrested for trying to 'visit' her home: How can celebs protect themselves from obsessive fans?
- Emma Watson shows off new look: Who's the hottest former child star?
Huffington Post - EntertainmentFEED
- Find Out What Beyonce Will Name Baby No. 2!
- SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4?
- What You'll See When 'The Vampire Diaries' Returns
- EW.com's 4th Annual Season Finale Awards: Nominations wanted!
- Peter Parker with a bong? Joe Casey springs ?The Bounce' ? FIRST LOOK
- Extra Scoop: Don't Ask Kanye West to Poke Fun at Himself on ?SNL'
- YouTube Challenge: Maria Teams Up with Prank vs. Prank
- Sherri Shepherd Talks Coping with Diabetes