U2's Bono Undergoes Emergency Back Surgery
By PopEater Staff Posted May 21st 2010 11:04AM
According to the spokesperson, Bono was treated for an "injury sustained during tour preparation training." No detail was given as to what his injury was.
"Once his condition has been assessed further, a statement will be made regarding the impact on forthcoming tour dates," the spokesperson said.
U2 was scheduled to play several U.S. dates during the months of June and July -- kicking off with a show in Salt Lake City on June 3 -- and then making the jump overseas in August.
This is a continuation of the band's 2009 U2 360 tour, which grossed just shy of $110 million, making it the year's most profitable show, according to Billboard magazine.
The U2 Crew
President Bill Clinton and Bono of U2 attend the American Ireland Fund Gala at the Tent at Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts on May 6, 2010 in New York City. American Ireland Fund Gala The Tent at Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts New York, NY United States May 6, 2010 Photo by Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com To license this image (17259071), contact WireImage.com
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- McKayla Maroney reportedly takes legal action over hacked pics, claiming she was underage
- Justin Bieber charged with assault, Ontario police say
- Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton reportedly turn down $1 million Las Vegas show deal
- In ?Velocity 2X,' new-school speed meets old-school charm
- Loki fans, rejoice: Here's an entire movie about him
- Warner Bros. registers four superhero-movie domain names: Is this DC Phase 2?
ExtraFEEDMore From Extra Li
- Jessica Simpson Looked Boho-Chic as Bridesmaid at Sister Ashlee Simpson's Wedding -- See Her Dress!
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Talk "Intimate" Wedding; Find Out How Pitt Honored Jolie's Late Mother: Top 5 Stories
- Kate Hudson Slams Eating Disorder Rumors, Says That's "One Thing I Will Never Have"