U2's Bono Undergoes Emergency Back Surgery
By PopEater Staff Posted May 21st 2010 11:04AM
According to the spokesperson, Bono was treated for an "injury sustained during tour preparation training." No detail was given as to what his injury was.
"Once his condition has been assessed further, a statement will be made regarding the impact on forthcoming tour dates," the spokesperson said.
U2 was scheduled to play several U.S. dates during the months of June and July -- kicking off with a show in Salt Lake City on June 3 -- and then making the jump overseas in August.
This is a continuation of the band's 2009 U2 360 tour, which grossed just shy of $110 million, making it the year's most profitable show, according to Billboard magazine.
The U2 Crew
President Bill Clinton and Bono of U2 attend the American Ireland Fund Gala at the Tent at Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts on May 6, 2010 in New York City. American Ireland Fund Gala The Tent at Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts New York, NY United States May 6, 2010 Photo by Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com To license this image (17259071), contact WireImage.com
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian criticized for donating just 10 percent of ?charity auction' to typhoon victims
- Gym, Tan, Pokey? ?Jersey Shore' star's grand jury ?Situation'
- ?Out of the Furnace' review: Bale, Affleck and Harrelson shine but flick falls short
- Joe Manganiello talks new book ?Evolution,' makes a plea for his male stripper doc, and passes our Personality Test ? VIDEO
- Entertainment Geekly: Now let's cast the rest of the Justice League
- Amy Robach returns to ?Good Morning America' to share details of her breast cancer fight ? VIDEO
- Keri Russell, Husband Shane Deary Split After Nearly Seven Years of Marriage
- Kim Kardashian Shares Cute New Picture of North West With Artist Jeff Koons at Art Basel
- Amy Robach Returns to Good Morning America After Mastectomy, Preparing for Chemo to Fight Breast Cancer