Courtney Love Drags Kate Moss Into Her Web Of Craziness
By Jo Piazza Posted May 21st 2010 07:00AM
Courtney's latest pronouncement came this week when she revealed that she once had a sexual liaison with model Kate Moss.
Love tells the Irish magazine Hot Press that their affair involved the oft-troubled British top model chasing Love around the room before pinning her down.
"It was just a thing that happened in Milan in the '90s," the singer said of the lesbian fling. "It happened and it was fun and whatever. I hope she doesn't get mad that I outed her about it. I feel like such a kiss and tell."
Well, that's because you are a kiss and tell Courtney ... and frankly, maybe even a daydream and tell, because no one seems to be buying it.
Prior to her sapphic confession, Love claimed that she and Bush frontman Gavin Rossdale used to be hook-up buddies, saying there was overlap between her and Gavin's affair and his relationship with his current wife, Gwen Stefani.
Maybe it's because Love came late to the kiss and tell game that she feels the need to tell all now.
"This is what celebrity has become for some stars -- it's a kiss and tell world, and if you aren't kissing and telling, you aren't interesting or relevant. Courtney is someone who, as an older performer, didn't come up in this kind of world -- she was beginning a career at a time where you hired a publicist to hide that stuff not promote it. We now get lots of information quickly and she realizes if she isn't being talked about even negatively, she's in trouble," explains Cult of Celebrity author Cooper Lawrence.
So who hasn't Courtney slept with, in reality or just in her head, and more importantly, does anyone care?
"At this point, it's become like white noise. Tell me the day she isn't acting crazy and then you will have my attention.
Craziness was so last season, girl. Get it together," says PopEater's own Naughty But Nice columnist Rob Shuter.
But there might also be a method to her madness. Courtney wants to sell albums. Yup, she just re-teamed with her rock band Hole on a new album, 'Nobody's Daughter,' this week, and in light of some scathing reviews -- including one from Washington Post reviewer Joe Heim calling it, "Petty and pretentious. It's self-absorbed and self-pitying. It rocks in only the most generic way imaginable." -- Courtney needs to gin up any kind of press she can get.
So who's next? Did Court and Barack Obama get down back in his Columbia days? Was it Courtney who taught Tom Cruise how to jump on the couch? We'll just have to wait and see.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Bruce Willis, Connor Cruise and his father Tom Cruise watch the Los Angeles Lakers play the Phoenix Suns during the first half of Game 2 of the NBA basketball Western Conference finals Wednesday, May 19th in Los Angeles.
Mark J. Terrill, AP
Mark J. Terrill, AP
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Actress Sheila MacRae from 1960s re-creation of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- Ted Turner hospitalized in South America
- Taylor Swift befriends a Victoria's Secret beauty
- ?Vampire Diaries': Say goodbye to Katherine Pierce by reliving some of her best moments ? VIDEO
- ?Episodes' star Chris Diamantopoulos reveals his first celeb crush, makes you want to listen to Roxette ? VIDEO
- Captain America exhibit opens at Disneyland: On the Scene
- Back On? Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez Spotted Together in Texas
- Meet the Hot Guys of ?Divergent'
- 'Hunger Games' Star Willow Shields Talks 'Mockingjay,' Working with Jennifer Lawrence
- Robin Thicke Steps Out Smiling Without His Wedding Ring in NYC: Picture
- Harry Shum Jr. Is Engaged! Glee Star Proposed to Girlfriend Shelby Rabara in Hawaii
- Jessica Simpson Shares Slim Selfie, Jared Leto Wonders If J. Law's Oscars Falls Are "a Bit of an Act": Top 5 Stories