Jon Hamm: The Sexiest Ogre Alive!
By Bryan Alexander Posted May 21st 2010 05:11PM
You'd think that without Don Draper's good looks, Jon Hamm might lose a little sex appeal. But 'Shrek Forever After' proves that even giant, green and hairless -- He Still Has It!
In fact, director Mike Mitchell gives Hamm and his ogre alter-ego, Brogan, the ultimate compliment.
"I would say he's the Sexiest Ogre Alive," Mitchell tells PopEater. The rest of the ogres will turn greener with envy.
Indeed, one 'Shrek Forever After' subplot had Brogan turning the green charm on his fellow ogre warrior Fiona (Cameron Diaz). But that had to be scrapped because Hamm as Brogan was too darn sexy.
"(Brogan) had a little thigh dagger for Fiona and he was like, 'let me put it on for you,' " Mitchell recalls "And Shrek would be watching from a distance. They were hilarious scenes."
But Brogan's charm took away from the idea that Fiona should fall back in love with Shrek. After all, what ogre female wouldn't fall for Jon Hamm? "Jon was too charming. It became confusing," says Mitchell.
"It would be like, why isn't Fiona into that guy (Brogan)?," he adds. "So that had to be abandoned."
Another premise that came about due to Jon Hamm's ogre studliness: the filmmakers wanted to name him "Nimrahc" which is close to "Charming" backwards.
"Early on we thought the ogre was going to be Prince Charming with a curse and that's why he's an ogre," says Mitchell. "But it was too complicated so we got rid of it."
Nonetheless, Hamm remains any female ogre's dream in 'Shrek Forever After.' And maybe a few humans as well.
Guys, you've been warned.
Jon Hamm Photos
Actor Jon Hamm and actress Jennifer Westfeldt arrive at the 2010 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Hosted By Graydon Carter at Sunset Tower on March 7, 2010 in West Hollywood, California. 2010 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Hosted By Graydon Carter - Arrivals Sunset Tower West Hollywood, CA United States March 9, 2010 Photo by Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com To license this image (59840150), contact WireImage.com
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kiefer Sutherland's rep responds to Freddie Prinze Jr.'s complaints about actor
- Anthony Anderson 'Eats America'
- Crazy characters at Comic Con 2014
- Kathy Griffin Re-Signs With WME After Four Months at CAA (Exclusive)
- James Shigeta, Top Asian-American Actor of Early '60s and 'Die Hard' Co-Star, Dies at 81
- Paul Candland Promoted to President of Walt Disney Company Asia
- ?The Hobbit' Comic-Con panel is now online: The top 5 highlights
- I'm Still Not Over? House and Cuddy's terrible relationship
- One set, two actors, all dialogue: TV's best ?bottle' episodes
- The 'Batkid Begins' Trailer Will Make You Shed a Tear or Two (VIDEO)
- Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, and Dave Bautista Get Weird in Our 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Unscripted (VIDEO)
- Norman Reedus Breaks Down Daryl and Beth's Relationship on 'The Walking Dead'