Things We Could Have Done Instead of Watching 'Lost'
By Zach Dionne Posted May 21st 2010 11:20AM
While there's a lot of talk about whether spending all these years watching 'Lost' will have been worth it (it will), one thing is certain: It took a long, long time to get here. With 121.5 episodes (the finale's two-and-a-half hours) at about 42 minutes a pop (on DVD, arguably the best way to watch), we'll have spent 5,103 minutes, or 85 hours, watching the always-mystifying, often-infuriating series.
What else could we have done in the time it took to watch 'Lost,' and how many times? All your questions answered, after the jump. (And enjoy the finale!)
We could have...
• Flown the ill-fated path of Oceanic 815 (the 13-hour, 20-minute journey from Sydney, Australia, to Los Angeles) six times.
• Watched the 'Back to the Future' saga (5 hours, 42 minutes) 15 times.
• Muttered the mysterious 'Lost' numbers, "4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42" (2.5 seconds each), 117,761 times.
• Served Nicole Richie's 82-minute jail sentence 62 times.
• Done a three-and-a-half-day walkabout in the Australian Outback. (Don't tell us what we can't do!)
• Listened to Nirvana's three-minute, 48-second 'Scentless Apprentice' (just like bearded Jack!) 1,332 times.
• Gotten our GED (eight-hour test) 10 times ... or watched 'Twin Peaks' (30 'Lost'-influencing 44-minute episodes) from beginning to end almost four times.
• Watched all 14 hours, 14 minutes of the six 'Star Wars' films six times.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Beyonce Knowles, Producers Jada Pinkett-Smith, Jay-Z , Will Smith and director/choreographer Bill T. Jones attend the post-theater reception celebrating 11 Tony Award nominations for "FELA!" at The Palm West on May 20th in New York City.
Bruce Glikas, FilmMagic
Bruce Glikas, FilmMagic
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Liam Hemsworth Parties Without Miley Cyrus at Cannes Film Festival
- Sarah Michelle Gellar Shares Her Best Parenting Advice Ever
- Adriana De Moura Marries Frederiq Marq: Real Housewives of Miami Star's Wedding Dress!
- Will Diners Prove ‘Kitchen Nightmares’ Wrong? Controversial Amy’s Baking Company’s Re-Opening Sells Out
- Documentary 'Doin' it in the Park' is a loving ode to New York playground basketball
- Cannes prostitutes can make $40,000 ? a night?
- Nicole Kidman plays Grace Kelly in movie set for 2014 Oscar season