Things We Could Have Done Instead of Watching 'Lost'
By Zach Dionne Posted May 21st 2010 11:20AM
While there's a lot of talk about whether spending all these years watching 'Lost' will have been worth it (it will), one thing is certain: It took a long, long time to get here. With 121.5 episodes (the finale's two-and-a-half hours) at about 42 minutes a pop (on DVD, arguably the best way to watch), we'll have spent 5,103 minutes, or 85 hours, watching the always-mystifying, often-infuriating series.
What else could we have done in the time it took to watch 'Lost,' and how many times? All your questions answered, after the jump. (And enjoy the finale!)
We could have...
• Flown the ill-fated path of Oceanic 815 (the 13-hour, 20-minute journey from Sydney, Australia, to Los Angeles) six times.
• Watched the 'Back to the Future' saga (5 hours, 42 minutes) 15 times.
• Muttered the mysterious 'Lost' numbers, "4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42" (2.5 seconds each), 117,761 times.
• Served Nicole Richie's 82-minute jail sentence 62 times.
• Done a three-and-a-half-day walkabout in the Australian Outback. (Don't tell us what we can't do!)
• Listened to Nirvana's three-minute, 48-second 'Scentless Apprentice' (just like bearded Jack!) 1,332 times.
• Gotten our GED (eight-hour test) 10 times ... or watched 'Twin Peaks' (30 'Lost'-influencing 44-minute episodes) from beginning to end almost four times.
• Watched all 14 hours, 14 minutes of the six 'Star Wars' films six times.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Beyonce Knowles, Producers Jada Pinkett-Smith, Jay-Z , Will Smith and director/choreographer Bill T. Jones attend the post-theater reception celebrating 11 Tony Award nominations for "FELA!" at The Palm West on May 20th in New York City.
Bruce Glikas, FilmMagic
Bruce Glikas, FilmMagic
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Donald Faison, Pregnant CaCee Cobb Reenact Famous King Kong Scene in Halloween Costumes: Picture
- Hayden Panettiere Shows Off Baby Bump in Leopard Bikini For Halloween -- See Her Sexy Costume Here!
- Beyonce, Blue Ivy Dress as Janet Jackson, Michael Jackson for Halloween 2014: Adorable Photo
- Judge Rules Amanda Bynes To Stay Under Conservatorship Until 2015, As Actress No-Show In Court
- Girl Gone Wild! ?RHONJ' Daughter Gia Giudice Debuts Risqu
- Randy Bachman of The Guess Who & BTO keeps on takin' care of business
- Amanda Bynes released from psychiatric facility, slams parents in Twitter rant
- Country singer Jessie James Decker deletes Twitter account after ripping followers
- Zac Efron's Girlfriend Sami Miró Lands Modeling Contract—Get the Details
- Lily Allen Snags Marie Claire Mexico Cover, Says "the Way That We Consume Celebrities Is Pretty Disgusting"
- Jennifer Lopez Tears Up While Recalling Conversation With Son Max After Marc Anthony Split—Watch