Justin Bartha: 'Everything Is Good' After Harrowing Plane Fire Experience
By Bryan Alexander Posted May 23rd 2010 09:04AM
Bartha and Ashley Olsen were two of the one hundred passengers on the United flight from New York to Los Angeles when the fire broke out, prompting an emergency landing in Washington, DC. Even though the blaze was under control before the plane landed, it was certainly a scary experience for the star.
"It was not something I would wish on anyone to happen on a plane," Bartha tells PopEater. "But we're all fine. And everything's good," adding, "the whole plane had a burning smell."
'Californication' star Pamela Adlon and Jarrod Spector of Broadway's 'Jersey Boys' were also reportedly on board United Flight 27.
Bartha has had his fair share of in-flight action. He stars in 'Holy Rollers,' which depicts the tumultuous life of a man recruiting Hasidic Jews to work as overseas drug smugglers -- counting on them to evade detection by unsuspecting custom agents upon arriving in New York. His character spends a lot of time on planes for the Atlantic drug routes.
The movie features Bartha as a "bad guy" which is a role he has always wanted to take on.
As for the plane flying, Batha is not going to be turned off by the fire incident. "I'm going to get right back on that horse," he says.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- North Carolina film incentives chopped
- Lauren Bacall leaves $10,000 for her beloved dog in will
- Pam Anderson criticizes ALS ice bucket challenge
- The Cars of 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Drive Film's Hyperrealism
- Box Office Milestone: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Becomes Top Summer Film in U.S.
- 'True Blood' Finale: Stephen Moyer on Whether to "Tie Up the Bill-Sookie Love Knot"
- Watch the first 5 minutes of Lifetime's ?Unauthorized Saved by the Bell' movie
- More adult women play video games than teen boys ? will the industry act accordingly?
- Watch Joe Manganiello and the men of ?La Bare' play Never Have I Ever
- Neal Brennan Gets Frank in His 'Frank' Trailer Review (VIDEO)
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Review: Ranking All the Reasons to Kill
- The 7 Greatest HBO Shows of All Time (PHOTOS)