'Bachelorette' Ali Will Sport Converse on Wedding Day
By Michelle Ruiz Posted May 24th 2010 02:10PM
The Jake Factor
Ali will come face-to-face with 'Bachelor' ex Jake Pavelka and his fiancee, Vienna Girardi, for the first time since last season's 'After the Final Rose' at tonight's taping of ABC's 'Dancing with the Stars.' In a conference call with reporters, Ali said she and the man who once made her sob in the limo really are done. "I don't think that I'm supposed to be with Jake," she said. "I think he found someone, and he's with Vienna. They're happy and I'm happy for them." Ali didn't chat with Jake or Vienna before embarking on her 'Bachelorette' experience -- which will take her to Iceland, Turkey, Portugal and Tahiti -- but she did call former 'Bachelorette' Jillian Harris for her words of wisdom. "Her advice was basically to make sure I had a lot of travel hairspray on hand while we were on the road."
Much like Jillian's season, which saw seedy country singer Wes duping Jillian for a little TV airtime, Ali said there will be drama during her adventure. According to the blogosphere, the scandal has to do with a professional wrestler named Justin Rego (stage name: 'Rated-R'), who allegedly has a girlfriend and is on the show for the dreaded "wrong reasons." "Justin seemed like a really sweet guy, and I didn't really know what to take from that," Ali said coyly. But she did hint that the other 24 guys gang up on him via the show's new twist -- a ballot box that allows the suitors to vote for their least favorite man. "I was shocked about the ballot box and I don't even know what to make of it ... At the end of the day, I remember thinking from my season that I thought I had a better idea of what girls are maybe there for the right and wrong reasons the first night than maybe Jake did." But will she reject Rated-R on the first night? We shall see.
She's looking for a guy who's funny, creative and "a little different," but Ali said she won't be one of those Bachelorettes who stares into the camera and claims she's in love with more than one guy. "Jake had a really big heart, and he had felt that he had fallen in love with more than one person ... for me, I don't feel like my heart is capable of loving more than one person," she said. That doesn't mean, however, that Ali only visited one hot-tub-filled fantasy suite. "It's a perfect opportunity," she said, to have "really intimate conversations" with her favorite bachelors. "I didn't get any sleep those nights because we were up talking all night." But don't look for Ali to be fantasy suite-hopping between hunky male model types. "I don't care about looks," she said. "For me, it's is he funny? Creative? I want the guy in the corner that no one notices, but I'll notice because there's something different about him."
Her lips are sealed, of course, but if Ali did find "The One" on 'The Bachelorette,' she probably won't be planning an ultra-pink million-dollar TV wedding like Trista Sutter and Molly Malaney. "I have never in my life thought about what my wedding would be like," she said. "I don't like to be all glammed up." She may have to change that to adapt to rose ceremony cocktail attire, but at her wedding, the California girl said her style will be all her own. "I want my hair to be really natural and I plan on wearing Converse under my wedding dress."
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Carrie Underwood and Snoop Dogg pose backstage at the 25th Anniversary Of Cedars-Sinai Sports Spectacular on May 23rd in Los Angeles.
Jason Merritt, Getty Images
Jason Merritt, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas Walk First Red Carpet Together Since Separating in August 2013
- Prince William Remembers Princess Diana in Australia as His Son George Channels His Baby Romper Look
- Tori Spelling Opens Up About Dean McDermott's Cheating Confession in First Post-Scandal Interview
- Lock ?Em Up! Joe Giudice's Former Business Partner Says ?A Few Years In Jail Is Not Enough' For ?RHONJ’ Star & Wife Teresa
- Sugar & Spice! Ashton Kutcher & Mila Kunis Are Expecting A Baby Girl
- Theresa Vail: From Army to Miss America to the Outdoor Channel
- Brian Johnson: Reports of AC/DC's death greatly exaggerated
- Co-eds doing porn to pay for school: Is Belle Knox a bellwether?
- Tori Spelling Breaks Silence on Dean McDermott's Affair: "He Was My Soul Mate, But He Completely Broke My Heart"
- It's a View Reunion! All 11 Hosts Will Unite for Barbara Walters' Last Week
- Georgia May Jagger Pays Tribute to L'Wren Scott; Rolling Stones Announce Rescheduled Tour Dates for Down Under