Kate Gosselin Got $500K 'Dancing' Paycheck
By Rob Shuter Posted May 24th 2010 03:07PM
Kate Gosselin didn't manage to dance her way past week five on 'Dancing With the Stars,' but she did manage to dance all the way to the bank, earning over half a million dollars for her stint on the hit show. Yep, with some simple math, that means Kate banked more than most people make annually for each episode that she fox-trotted across the dance floor.
"Kate earned over $100,000 per week on 'Dancing,'" an insider tells me. "She's a single mom who has to pay the bills and feed those eight little mouths all by herself. Say what you want about her, but Kate will do anything to make sure her children have a bright future. Even making a fool out of herself on national TV."
It's unclear if Kate earned more money on the show each week than the other stars, however, one producer tells me he believes she did. "Kate was without doubt the main attraction to the show this year. She is ratings gold and can demand much more money than soap hunk Aiden Turner. Who? Precisely."
Considering Charlie Sheen just got himself $2 million per episode for a show that doesn't get nearly as many viewers as 'Dancing With the Stars,' maybe $100,000 per episode for Kate was a bargain! Thankfully for 'DWTS,' the contestants are only on for one season, so they don't have to worry about Kate or anyone else holding out for more cash next year.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
"Jersey Shore" cast members grabs drinks before strolling about town to film an episode for the upcoming season in Miami Beach.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
MORE ABOUT Kate Gosselin
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kate Gosselin Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Cheryl Cole Returning to X Factor UK With Simon Cowell
- Miley Cyrus Performs in Her Underwear After Missing Costume Change
- Elisabeth Moss Calls Fred Armisen Marriage "Extremely Traumatic," Steve Irwin's Cameraman Recounts "Painful" Death: Top 5 Stories
- My Mom Is To Blame! ‘Teen Mom’ Jenelle Evans Defends Baby Daddy Yelling At Her Mother, Says He Overheard Her Making Rude Comments About Him
- Miley Cyrus fan sneaks into star's dressing room, leaves note, police say
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Aretha Franklin: Obama was 'tired' when he misspelled 'R-E-S-P-E-C-T'