How Lindsay Lohan Can Dress up Her SCRAM Bracelet
By Jo Piazza Posted May 24th 2010 08:00PM
"Ms. Lohan has a number of upcoming photo shoots as well as filming a movie in Texas...the SCRAM bracelet would interfere," Lohan lawyer Shawn Chapman Holley argued before Judge Marsha Revel. Revel, already peeved at having to postpone her own vacation to deal with the missing starlet, said no dice.
It looks like Lindsay will have to work that puppy into her wardrobe. In our ongoing effort to try to offer constructive advice to Linds we asked our own fashion experts their words of wisdom on how to work an ankle monitor into Lindsay's look .
"Since Martha Stewart made them widely popular I have to say Lindsay should do her best not to highlight it, which is totally different from trying to hide it," explains celebrity stylist Robert Verdi of the "The Robert Verdi Show Starring Robert Verdi" on LOGO. "Don't wear capris (this is true even if you don't have an ankle monitor) but don't wear leg warmers thinking you are going to hide it either. Lindsay should just go about her business and look fabulous. if she goes out at night then she should wear a little cocktail dress and dress like it isn't even there."
Fabulous advice, except the word cocktail really shouldn't be anywhere in Lindsay's vocabulary right now, even when referring to couture since the job of the SCRAM bracelet is to detect traces of alcohol through a person's perspiration.
Robert is right, there is no point in hiding the SCRAM. In fact Lindsay may just want to embrace the bracelet as an accessory and try to coordinate her other accessories to match.
"She's probably best off just accepting the scram and try to divert attention upwards. She can try to draw the eyes up by wearing big jewelry - multiple bangle bracelets or a large necklace with big stones. She can wear jewelry and bags with metallics and blacks so the SCRAM can somewhat match!" says jewelry designer Kim Rittberg of KRitt Jewelry.
Plus the bulk of the bracelet will make her legs look really skinny in comparison, so she should make the most of that while it lasts.
"I think she should totally own the look and flaunt it in minis and pumps. During the day, she could keep it casual in a floral romper and wedges. Gladiators and ankle straps are a definite no-no -- she should avoid anything that would interfere with the bulky anklet or draw more attention to it. Since bold, chunky jewelry is so popular this summer, I think Linds should pile on bangles or necklaces to balance out the look," says Hollywood Life fashion editor Katrina Mitzeliotis.
Watch the Girls on Pop Talk Lindsay
And the same goes for the hair.
"A sparkly or colorful headband has been the preferred accessory of all glamorous law-breaking celebs. It draws the eyes away from the unfortunate situation on your ankle, and if you're lucky, you can color coordinate," says Lock & Mane Creative Director Jackie Cascarano.
But if concealment is the route Lindsay chooses to take, she also has options.
"The best way to accessorize a SCRAM bracelet is with a maxi dress and/or some generous bell bottoms. I recommend she get a nice pair of the J Brand Doll style and one of Diane Von Furstenburg's amazing boho-inspired long dresses," says style and beauty expert Jenn Falik.
All kidding (and very serious fashion advice aside), the most important thing about this bracelet is that hopefully it will get Lindsay on the right track to getting her life back together.
"Yes, it's embarrassing, but hopefully it will do its job and teach a valuable lesson. We'd love to see Lohan back where she belongs -- on the big screen!" says StyleList editor Marissa Gold.
Lindsay Lohan Snapshots
Lindsay Lohan arriving at court with sheriff escort May 25 4, 2010 X17online.com
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Chinese Woman Spends Entire Week at KFC After Getting Dumped By Boyfriend, Says She "Needed Time to Think"
- Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Cancelled After Sex Offender Reports; Tori Spelling Reflects From Hospital Bed: Top 5 Stories
- Casper Smart: It's "Hard" Being Looked at as Only Jennifer Lopez's Ex-Boyfriend
- ?I'm Hurt' ? Anna Shannon Confirms She Was Victim Of Mama June's Child Molester Boyfriend, Says Relationship With Mother ?Over'
- Remains Found In Virginia Confirmed To Be Those Of Hannah Graham
- Toxic Love? Marysville School Shooter & Girlfriend Had Relationship Turmoil Before Killings ? Read The Bitter Tweets
- J.K. Rowling writes backstory for Potter character
- NBCUniversal settles lawsuit with unpaid interns for $6.4 million
- Utah guards face career-ending penalties over bikini photo shoot
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates Birthday Las Vegas-Style With Kanye West, Family and Friends
- Who Wore it Best? Supernatural's Castiel vs. Constantine's John Constantine
- Neil Patrick Harris Spills His Oscar Prep and Gets Fascinated by Jason Kennedy's Magic Trick—Watch Now!