Dodgers Sue Jon Lovitz? Yeah, That's the Ticket!
By Marc Schneider Posted May 25th 2010 02:31PM
KCAL 9, Lovitz owes the ball club $95,400 for the seats, which are located in the VIP-friendly "Dugout Club" near home plate. He is accused of breaking a 2008 contract to reserve the seats for all games during the 2008-2010 seasons.
In other words, the Dodgers allege the 'High School High' actor lied when he said he would honor the contract. During his fruitful tenure on 'SNL,' one of Lovitz's most beloved characters was named Tommy Flanagan, a pathological liar who, upon being caught up in a fib, would say, "That's the ticket!"
Sadly, all traces of Flanagan have been scrubbed from Hulu and YouTube, so here's one of his biggest whoppers via SNL Transcripts:
On 'SNL,' Lovitz was a master at impressions, and once donned Dodger blue to play legendary manager Tommy Lasorda. Other memorable characters during his five years on the show included Annoying Man, Tom Hanks' girl-watching buddy, the Master Thespian and, of course, Hanukkah Harry."Lying was easy for me. I lied about my age and joined the army. I was thirteen at the time. Yeah ... I went to Vietnam, and I was injured catching a mortar shell in my teeth. And they made me a three-star general! And then I got a job in journalism, writing for the National Enquire... er, Geographic! Yeah ... I was making twenty thousand a ye... month! In fact, I won the Pulitzer Prize that year! Yeah, that's the ticket."
The Dodgers have canceled Lovitz's season tickets for the remainder of the year, but are still actively seeking money owed by the actor. He has not responded to requests for comment on the lawsuit.
Watch Lovitz as Lasorda:
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Robert Ri'chard Compares Magic Mike and Chocolate City
- Jason Derulo: Jordin Sparks Split Is "So Behind Me"
- Sarah Stage Poses in Bikini Photo Shoot Five Weeks After Giving Birth, Looks Perfectly Fit: Photos
- '19 Kids and Counting' yanked from TLC's schedule
- 'Bachelorette' Kaitlyn Bristowe: 'Not ashamed' of having sex on the show
- Flavor Flav arrested in Las Vegas on allegations of DUI, marijuana possession, speeding
- Chris Pratt Is Already Apologizing for Anything Offensive He Might Say During Jurassic World Press Tour: ''I Am Just Dumb''
- Brantley Gilbert Talks New Music and Marrying The One Who Almost Got Away
- Pete Davidson Live-Tweets His Harry Potter Movie Marathon: The Boy Who Lived Is ''Dope as F--k''