Sandra Bullock Won't Be Watching Jesse's Apology
Jesse James' apology tour starts this week, as the reality star's infidelity imploded his marriage to Oscar-winning actress Sandra Bullock, leaving him to become the "most hated man in the world" (his words!). So what's behind his televised confession and apology this week? Jesse's friends are telling me that it's mostly monetary, and others are saying that despite being so close to the scandal, Sandra won't be one of the millions tuning in to see him fess up.
The Jesse James Confession Show
Jesse James' exclusive interview on 'Nightline' tonight is expected to garner monster ratings for ABC, but one person that definitely WILL NOT be watching is his soon to be ex-wife, Sandra Bullock.
"Jesse has caused Sandra enough pain already," a friend of Sandra's tells me. "Hasn't he done enough damage already? Now he's going to 'tell all' on national TV and humiliate her once again. Why?"
That's a fair question that only I can answer. Friends of Jesse tell me he is getting pressured by his handlers to do the interview. All of his business ventures have plummeted since the news broke about his cheating.
"The public doesn't want anything to do with Jesse or the products he sells that have made him a fortune. Jesse's Girl clothing line, and sales at his Burger restaurant, Cisco, have dropped," an insider tells me. "He has gone from being the coolest guy in the room to the most hated guy in America over night. His business advisers are hoping this interview will be the first of many steps to rehabilitating him and his brands."
Good luck with that, Jesse. My dad always told me a gentleman doesn't kiss and tell, and goodness knows you have done enough kissing.
Angelina Jolie to Get Wicked as 'Oz' Witch?
Following the massive box office success of the live action version of 'Alice In Wonderland,' film insiders tell me several versions of 'The Wizard of Oz' are being rushed into development. While a handful are in the works, the one that has got Hollywood the most excited has Angelina Jolie attached to it to play the Wicked Witch of the West.
"Angelina as the Wicked Witch would be perfect casting," an Academy Award-winning casting director tells me. "She is not only the biggest movie star in the world, but Angie is also a brilliant actress who isn't afraid to play someone evil."
Fingers crossed. And I have the perfect suggestion for Glinda the good witch ... Jennifer Aniston! Oh, what a world!
Oprah's Tears of Joy for John Travolta
Sources tell me that the first person to call and congratulate the Travoltas on their wonderful pregnancy news was none other than Miss Oprah Winfrey. (Did I mention PopEater knew of the pregnancy before the great Oprah?)
"Oprah is just as thrilled about the baby as John," a friend of the Travoltas tells me. "She was literally screaming down the phone when the news broke, and the first to call the happy couple to congratulate them."
It's true that John's friendship with Oprah is deep and goes back many, many years. And by all accounts, Oprah has been a great friend, comforting the couple after the tragic loss of their son, Jett, and celebrating after John's Oscar nomination for 'Pulp Fiction.'
Watch out Gail, you can't compete with an adorable new baby.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples -
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Angelina Jolie -
- Sandra Bullock
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Mike Tyson talks religon: 'I need Allah'
- Break Time: Is Sofia Vergara losing her curves?
- Kim Kardashian criticized for donating just 10 percent of ?charity auction' to typhoon victims
- 'Fifty Shades' Screenwriter Kelly Marcel Among Women in Film, TV Award Winners in London
- Nelson Mandela: Discovery to Air New Documentary Worldwide
- Two Euro Festivals to Celebrate Iranian Cinema
- Remembering Madiba: Paul Simon, Bill Clinton, P. Diddy, more share thoughts on Nelson Mandela
- Morgan Freeman on Nelson Mandela, plus a tribute to Madiba with the actors who've played him ? VIDEO
- ?Sound of Music': We live blogged it!
- Nelson Mandela Dead at 95: Idris Elba, Morgan Freeman Pay Tribute to the South African Icon
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse': Bryan Singer Announces 2016 Follow-Up to 'Days of Future Past'
- 'A Christmas Story' Pole Scene Hilariously Re-Created on NYC Subway (VIDEO)