Sandra Bullock Will Attend MTV Movie Awards
By PopEater Staff Posted May 26th 2010 04:19PM
Sandra Bullock is set to make her first public appearance since husband Jesse James' infidelity scandal made headlines. While she has remained under the radar, raising her newly-adopted son, Louis, she plans to hit the red carpet on June 6 for the MTV Movie Awards. On Wednesday, she was named the recipient of the MTV Generation Award "for her riveting and diverse contributions to the film industry," and her rep confirms to PEOPLE, "she will be attending."
The 'Blind Side' actress will be the first female recipient honored with the Generation Award, which acknowledges an actor who has engaged the MTV audience throughout their career.
"Sandra is one of those rare individuals who is adored by our audience as both an actress and a role model," said Stephen Friedman, general manager of MTV. "Recognizing her remarkable talent, amazing range of films and her visceral connection to our audience around the globe, we are honored to present her with our MTV Generation Award."
Bullock's rep added that the 'Blind Side' actress won't be doing any interviews at the ceremony.
Sandra Bullock Snapshots
It's hard to catch a Sandra Bullock sighting in the aftermath of her husband's sex scandal. See pics of the beautiful starlet >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Glen Campbell moved to Alzheimer's facility, report says
- Miley Cyrus postpones more concerts as she remains hospitalized
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Fox Plans Animation Domination HD for Primetime in 2015, Nixes Late Night
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Star Mara Wilson Blasts Planned Sequel
- Chelsea Clinton Is Pregnant
- Oscars 2015: Full Academy Awards Season Schedule
- The Original Ending to 'Mean Girls' Sounds Awful
- Our 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Unscripted Includes Singing, Awkward Moments, and Courteney Cox References (VIDEO)