'Sex and The City 2' Premiere: Stars Dish About Fashion, Friendship and Love
By Amber James Posted May 26th 2010 01:15PM
PopEater caught all the gossip, fashion and excitement and is ready to dish about the sexiest night in the Big Apple. Watch:
In 'Sex and the City 2,' New York takes a backseat as the ladies escape to Abu Dhabi (though the scenes were filmed in Morocco). Of course, the cosmopolitans and Jimmy Choos are bigger and better than ever. "The second film is over the top," Willie Garson, who plays Stanford Blatch in the movie, tells PopEater. He says Liza Minelli's appearance was one of the best scenes to film. (Spoiler: She officiates Stanford's wedding before busting into Beyonce's 'Single Ladies.') Minelli, however, kept getting him confused with the sexy Jason Lewis, aka 'Smith' Jerrod. "That's easy to do," Garson jokes.
One of the biggest plot lines -- which the stars stayed very mum about -- focuses on Carrie Bradshaw's surprise encounter with her ex, Aidan (John Corbett), at the same time she thinks her marriage to Mr. Big (Chris Noth) has lost its "sparkle." Even though Corbett told PopEater last June that Aiden had moved on, he says director-writer Michael Patrick King actually made him lie and deny his return until the official 'SATC2' trailer debuted.
► Get movie showtimes & tickets.
► 'Sex and The City 2' Review: Fashion
► I'm a Guy, and I Love 'Sex'
Others cast members, including Evan Handler (who plays Harry Goldenblatt), were left in the concrete jungle while the rest of the cast traveled to northern Africa. But Handler didn't mind -- especially after he heard all about Davis' "intestinal problems."
Garson, who adopted an 8-year-old son, Nathan, was a proud papa at the premiere, gushing about how happy he was. "He is my kid now. He is amazing. We're very attached to each other and I miss him like crazy when I'm not with him," Garson tells PopEater. "I love all my time with him. I am truly, truly blessed." Although his son stayed home, Garson admits he has let the youngster watch a single episode of 'SATC' -- but that's it until he gets older.
Actor Colin Egglesfield, who will star alongside Kate Hudson in 'Something Borrowed,' was on the hunt for Kim Cattrall. He admitted if he ran into her, he'd ask her what she was doing Friday night. "Not only is she extremely beautiful and sexy, she's got that moxy and sassiness that I like in a woman," he tells PopEater.
Other celebrities on hand to see the film included Howard Stern and Beth Ostrosky Stern, Donald and Melania Trump, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Suzanne Somers, Gabourey Sidibe and Johnny Weir.
Sex and the City Premiere
Kristin Davis and Chris Noth attend the after party for the premiere of 'Sex and the City 2' at Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts on May 24, 2010 in New York City. See more photos >>
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Style -
- Good News -
- Movie News -
- TV News -
- Girls Video Podcast -
- Videos -
- Interviews -
- Exclusives -
- Celebrity Summer
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Amanda Bynes arrested after tossing bong out of apartment window, police say
- 'Duck Dynasty' inspires greeting cards, cigars and other merchandise
- Memorial Day weekend special: Stars on the Beach!
- BBC Axes Digital Initiative, Saying It 'Wasted a Huge Amount' of Money
- German Soccer Rules Europe, Can It Conquer the World?
- Cannes: 'Magic Magic' Stars Juno Temple, Michael Cera on Culture Shock in Chile (Video)
- EW's Morning Bite: And the best sound bite from last night is?
- ?Arrested Development': Who's the most quotable Bluth? POLL
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- 'After Earth' Unscripted: Will and Jaden Smith on Filming With Deadly Snakes & On-Set Parenting (VIDEO)
- 'Epic' Director Chris Wedge on Why He Almost Brought the Movie to Pixar and the Film's 'Gladiator' Influences
- 'Star Trek 13': What Will Happen Next?