Dane Cook Slams 'Weirdo' Ian Benardo, 'Idol' Crasher
By Marc Schneider Posted May 27th 2010 09:47AM
The episode came during a song called 'Simon Said,' in which Cook put some of Cowell's best zingers to music. Near the end of the tune, a bevy of 'Idol' rejects appeared onstage and that's when Benardo creeped up and took over. "Who cares? It's all about Ian Benardo tonight!" he announced. "I'm going to replace you, Simon Cowell! No one has a thing to say about you, just me."
On his Twitter page, Cook railed against Benardo for interrupting him. "That was not staged. Weirdo hijacked the song," he said. "Just glad he didn't hit me in the face w/ the mic or American Idol would be American Beatdown."
But Benardo wasn't the only 'Idol' has-been to hijack Cook's little ditty. As the Bronx native was working his "weirdo" magic, another prancing reject, Tatiana Del Toro, tried to commandeer the mic. Mind you, while all this was happening, a confused-looking Cook continued strumming his guitar.
"Nobody cares about you," Benardo told Del Toro. "It's all about Ian Benardo, and I want to say I'm replacing you, Simon Cowell, because I'm more entertaining than you!"
At that, 'Idol' producers ordered the cameras to pan away and the show quickly cut to commercial.
Cook later called Benardo a "F***face" for the stunt and said despite the interruption, Cowell still "loved" the song.
Benardo auditioned for season 7 of 'Idol,' and quickly became a hit with his over-the-top bravado and chinchilla scarf. Cowell was particularly hard on him, and Benardo threatened to look into the Brit's work visa status. One of his finer boasts: "You can ask one of my therapists. I am a superstar."
More: Paula's Goodbye | Lee's Single | Where Was David Cook? | Bret on 'Idol' | Complete Coverage
American Idol 2010
In this photo provided by PictureGroup, contestant Crystal Bowersox performs at the American Idol Season 9 Top 2 Performance Show at the Nokia Theatre on May 25, 2010 in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Michael Becker/FOX/PictureGroup)
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Justin Bieber's buddy gets a shark bite during vacation
- Tiger who? Lindsey Vonn turns heads at Grand Prix event
- Ben Affleck returns home alone after Bahamas trip with Jennifer Garner
- Bobbi Kristina Update: Does Secret Nick Gordon Recording Reveal What Really Happened?
- Report: Why Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick Split
- Fun and Flirty for Summer! Try the Waterfall Braid Remix with Help from SheaMoisture
- Michael Buble's Wife Luisana Lopilato Is Pregnant Again! See Their Adorable Baby Announcement
- Jenelle Evans Defends Video of Her Dog Playing With a Live Firework: They Do It on America's Funniest Home Videos!
- Mila Kunis, Ashton Kutcher Married: Daughter Wyatt Dons "Adorable" White Dress and More Details!