Storm Cloud Hovers Over Sarah Jessica Parker's Head
By PopEater Staff Posted May 28th 2010 07:35AM
Hats off to Sarah Jessica Parker for never missing a beat. The fashion-forward actress turned heads -- including her castmates' -- at the London premiere of 'Sex and the City 2' Thursday with an extravagant hat by Philip Treacy and a matching gown by late designer Alexander McQueen.
"He made the dress for me two years ago," she said of McQueen, who died in February. "I wouldn't have worn anything else. I wore it as an emotional tribute to him. Lee, this is for you. I miss you very much."
But the headgear was the real star of the show. New York magazine liked it, but said it looked like "a swarm of gnats descending on her head -- but, you know, glitter disco gnats."
The ornamental headpiece hearkened back to a similar noggin-top she work at the London premiere of the first film. That green, flowery number was the main attraction as well and dominated the chatter on fashion blogs for days.
At the NYC premiere on Monday night, Parker literally glowed in a one-shouldered neon yellow Valentino gown, which she borrowed. Her long, blonde, wavy hair and muted makeup perfectly complimented the bright gown.
PopEater Video: Men React to 'Sex and The City' Obsession
Sex and the Sequel
LONDON, ENGLAND - MAY 27: Sarah Jessica Parker attends the UK premiere of Sex And The City 2 at Odeon Leicester Square on May 27, 2010 in London, England. (Photo by Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Sarah Jessica Parker
Getty Images Europe
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Watch Alex Rip Arizona's Head Off (Exclusive Video)
- 'Reign': Queen Mary and Lola's Friendship Is on the Rocks (Exclusive)
- 'Red Band Society' Stages 'Privileged' Reunion (Exclusive)
- Zach Galifianakis gets a little too real with Brad Pitt on ?Between Two Ferns'
- See Marvel's latest mystery teaser, ?Inhumans: Attilan Rising'
- When Taylor Swift's ?Out of the Woods' meets ?Circle of Life,' everything makes sense
- The 31 Best Comedies on Netflix Right Now
- These Action Movie Mistakes Are Far From Winning
- Let Tinker Bell Introduce You to the 'Legend of the NeverBeast' (EXCLUSIVE)