Simon Monjack Buried Alongside Brittany Murphy
By PopEater Staff Posted May 28th 2010 06:55AM
"It was Simon's wish to be laid to rest next to her," family spokesman Roger Neal tells PEOPLE. Neal described the day as "celebratory and healing."
Monjack's mother and Murphy's mother both spoke in Simon's memory. "Sharon [Murphy] was very strong and spoke and about how much she loved Simon, and how now Simon and Brittany are together," says Neal. "She told them, 'I'll miss you my babies.'"
A photograph of Brittany and Simon was on display at the ceremony, which concluded with a song Brittany and Simon recorded together. Roughly 75 friends and family members were in attendance. The two are buried at Forest Lawn Memorial Park.
Sharon Murphy had a motherly love for Monjack, Neal tells PEOPLE. "She is feeling devastated by the loss of a daughter and a son-in-law in the space of six months." She is working on establishing a Brittany Murphy Foundation in support of young people in the arts.
According to his spokesman, Monjack was due for a heart bypass. "Simon needed a [heart] bypass. I was told he needed a bypass, and I said to him, 'Simon, you have so much going on, let's keep you healthy.' I said, 'You want to be healthy. Don't you?' He said yes, but he said, 'The bypass can wait.'"
While the physical health issues were present, his rep said Monjack also died from a "broken heart." Back in January, Monjack spoke about how Murphy's death turned his life upside down. "My world was destroyed yesterday," Monjack told Access Hollywood.
Recently Departed Celebrities
Lynn Redgrave, May 2: The third member of the Redgrave acting dynasty to die in a year, Lynn passed away at her Manhattan apartment at age 67 of as-yet unannounced causes. The 'Georgy Girl' star's niece, Natasha Richardson, died a year ago and her older brother Corin, succumbed to illness a month ago.
Teresa Barbieri, Getty Images
Teresa Barbieri, Getty Images
Recently Departed Celebs
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Vince Neil says no more country music for Motley Crue
- Ryan Seacrest talks new season of 'American Idol'
- 'Maze Runner' tops the box office this weekend
- Beyonce and Jay Z's 'On the Run' HBO Special: Highlights and Surprises From the Show
- Specialty Box Office: Mia Wasikowska, Adam Driver's Desert Drama 'Tracks' Stumbles
- San Sebastian: Antonio Banderas Wants to Work More in Spain
- Entertainment Geekly: ?Super Smash Bros.' was the best and worst thing to happen to Nintendo
- Hear three tracks from the all-star ?Here Lies Love' remix album
- Weekend Box Office: 'The Maze Runner' Sprints to No. 1
- Jimmy Fallon Got a Shirtless James Franco and Seth Rogen for His Birthday (VIDEO)
- These Are the 15 Funniest 'The Cosby Show' Episodes Ever (VIDEO)