Keith Olbermann Scrubs Bush From Nightly Sign-Off
By PopEater Staff Posted May 31st 2010 09:20AM
Well, you know the old saying: 2,576 is enough. The cable host quietly retired his daily mocking of President Bush's flight suit photo op on his May 20 show and has swapped it with a new line about the BP oil spill. On Monday, May 20, Olbermann ended his broadcast like so: "And that is Countdown for this, the 34th day since the Deep Water Horizon oil spill disaster began. I'm Keith Olbermann. Good night and good luck." Watch (via Mediaite):
While not exactly a direct dig at President Obama, whom he normally supports, the nightly reminder about the oil spill is still a surprise. With all that has happened both domestically and globally in recent years -- financial and housing crisis, earthquakes in Haiti -- why did it take the oil spill to diversify the 'Countdown' host's sign-off?
The MSNBC talker has not commented on the switch, or what inspired him to do so, but with no clear end in sight to the BP spill, get used to it.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kris Jenner Clears Up Rumors About Bruce Jenner's Transformation; Monica Lewinsky Was "In Love" With Bill Clinton: Top 5 Stories
- Teresa Giudice Dropped By Crisis Manager Wendy Feldman After Filing Orange Is The New Black Prison Request: Details
- Ryan Phillippe Disses His Own Career: "I've Made 30-Plus Films," "Five of Them Are Good"
- Famed Fashion Designer Oscar De La Renta Dies At 82
- Monica Lewinsky Says ?I Lost My Public Self' During First Public Speaking Engagement ? ?I Fell In Love With My Boss'
- A Mother's Desperate Plea: Teresa Giudice Begs Judge To Lock Her Up In Connecticut Near Daughters, After Hiring New Lawyer
- Jasmine Tridevil 'flattered' her three-breasted look is a Halloween hit
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dies at age 82
- 'The Big Bang Theory' recap: More money, more problems
- Go Girl! Jennifer Lawrence Swings an Ax and Impresses All the Guys in New Serena Clip
- FKA Twigs Takes "Video Girl" to Extreme With Google Glass in New Conceptual Video: Watch Now!
- RIP Oscar de la Renta: Famous Fashion Designer Remembered by Taylor Swift, Ivanka Trump and More Celebs