Sandra Bullock 'Has Had Enough of Hiding'
By Rob Shuter Posted Jun 2nd 2010 01:52AM
her big PEOPLE reveal in which she broke the news to the world that she was not only divorcing Jesse James, but had adopted a baby months earlier. Now, she's ready to make her first public appearance since her husband's cheating scandal broke, and her appearance at this weekend's MTV Movie Awards is sure to be nothing short of massive. Insiders tell me what they think Sandy will do when she makes this huge step by speaking out for the first time.
Sandra Bullock's Big Moment
After months of hiding, Sandra Bullock is getting ready to step back into the spotlight by attending The MTV Movie Awards on June 6 in Los Angeles.
"Sandra has had enough of hiding in the shadows while Jesse has the nerve to sit down on national TV and tell his side of the story," a source close to Sandy tells me. "She has nothing to be ashamed about and plans to hold her head up high when she attends the awards this weekend to accept an MTV honor for entertaining generations of the network's audiences over the last two decades."
It has yet to be determined whether Sandra will walk the red carpet or enter the Gibson Amphitheater in Universal City through a side door. Also, sources tell me Sandra and her advisers are going back and forth as to what should be in her acceptance speech. "If she doesn't acknowledge what has been going on in her life over the past few months in some manner, I would be very shocked," said one insider. "However, if you are expecting this moment to be a big kiss-and-tell as her ex, Jesse, chose to do, you will be very disappointed. Sandra has far too much class for that."
No matter what she says, it'll just be fabulous to have Sandra out and about once again.
'SATC 3' Is Reportedly 'Over'
After a disappointing weekend of ticket sales, where the much-hyped 'Sex And The City 2' ended up in third place behind 'Shrek Forever After' and 'Prince of Persia,' sources tell me any plans for a third film in the series are on hold.
"If the movie had performed as well as the studio had hoped, they would definitely make a third film," a veteran film producer told me. "But after these numbers, it's over. They have squeezed as much money out of that franchise as they possibly can and the public knows it."
However, it's not just the producers who think it's time to put a nail into the 'Sex And The City' coffin. Sources tell me the ladies, especially Kim Cattrall and Cynthia Nixon, feel it's time to put these characters to bed and move on.
Too bad bedtime came on such a sour note. Just goes to show you that you can have too much of a good thing.
Perfect Summer Reading
If you like reading Naughty But Nice, you will love reading 'Mercury In Retrograde,' a delicious book that comes out in paperback today. Written by former Page 6 gossip columnist Paula Froelich, the novel follows three down-on-their-luck Manhattan women -- socialite Lena Lippencrass, reporter Penelope Mercury and high-powered lawyer Dana Gluck -- who form an unlikely fellowship when they end up in the same building.
Paula tells me: "Darling, its like 'Sex and the City' -- but younger, sassier and it has the cutest dachshund in world on its cover!" You all know I love dogs!
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Justin Bieber promotes his album at Tower Records Shinjuku on May 18th in Tokyo, Japan.
Jun Sato, WireImage
Jun Sato, WireImage
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Break Time: Courtney Stodden follows Farrah Abraham, films breast englarment
- Which celebrity is the worst role model for kids?
- Celebrity scale: Better skinny or curvy?
- FX Buys Kelsey Grammer, Martin Lawrence Oddball Comedy
- Box Office Report: 'Man of Steel' Sails Past $150 Million in North America
- Prashant Shah Joins Benaroya Pictures as VP and Head of Physical Production
- James Franco writes the most ridiculous superhero article ever. We have some concerns.
- ?Veronica Mars' filming has begun! 5 things we can't wait to see
- Official ?Star Wars: Episode VII' character breakdowns released: Commence theorizing!
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- Josh Hutcherson on Kissing Jennifer Lawrence for 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire'
- Sam Taylor-Johnson Tapped to Direct 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Greta Gerwig, Noah Baumbach Talk 'Frances Ha' and Female Friendship on Film