Kate Wants Jon to Start Making Some Loot
By Rob Shuter Posted Jun 3rd 2010 01:58AM
Kate Gosselin earned a whopping payday for her stint on 'Dancing With the Stars,' but now the octomom wants some help financially. Apparently, Kate wants her ex, Jon, to kick in some dough for their eight kids -- despite the fact that she has a new reality show and money coming in from it.
Kate Tells Jon to Get a Job
Sources tell me Kate Gosselin doesn't want to be the main source of income for those eight famous children -- and she wants ex-husband Jon to start bringing home the bacon.
"Kate is working her fingers to the bone to support her large family and wishes Jon would do the same," a friend of Kate's tells me. Kate made a fortune on 'Dancing With The Stars' and has a new show coming out on TLC, 'Kate Plus 8,' which premieres this week.
Meanwhile, Jon has had some on-and-off work since he and Kate split a year ago.
"After the split, Jon thought he would become a bigger star without Kate. He hooked up with Michael Lohan to develop a new reality show, 'First Dads Club,' but that didn't work out," an insider told me. "Then Jon thought he would become the next high-end designer when he hooked up with Ed Hardy designer Christian Audigier, but that fell apart too."
Now, sources tell me Kate has had enough. She doesn't care what Jon does ... she just wants him to get a job. That's a lot of mouths to feed!
Robert Pattinson Scared He Will Always Be Edward Cullen
With the release of the new 'Twilight: Eclipse' only weeks away, it seems everyone can't wait to see handsome Robert Pattinson once again become Edward Cullen. That is, everyone except Robert himself.
"Robert is frightened to death that for the rest of his career he will be known as Edward Cullen. No matter what other roles he plays, he will never be able to shake off Edward's fangs and it terrifies him," a friend of Robert's told me.
"Of course, Rob loves the money that the role has made him, but he is only 24. To think your career has already peaked before you hit 25 is not a good thing."
See the trouble you can get into if you hang out with the wrong crowd! We're sure Rob, Daniel Radcliffe and all of the other 'Twilight' and 'Harry Potter' stars will do just fine. Even if their careers have indeed peaked, at least they can buy an island and enjoy life to the fullest!
Barry Manilow Crowned Vegas' Best Entertainer
Forget Donny and Marie. Tell Cher to hang up her sequins. Inform Elton that he has reached the end of the yellow brick road. Why? Because Barry Manilow has just been voted "Best Strip Headliner" by Las Vegas Weekly. No, he doesn't take off his clothes -- the Vegas Strip, people!
For those who have never seen Manilow live, you are missing one of the greats. Trendy Rolling Stone magazine put it best when they called Barry, "The showman of our generation."
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Justin Bieber promotes his album at Tower Records Shinjuku on May 18th in Tokyo, Japan.
Jun Sato, WireImage
Jun Sato, WireImage
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
MORE ABOUT Kate Gosselin
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kate Gosselin Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Tori Spelling Confirms Dean McDermott's True Tori Departure; Scott Disick Argues With Kourtney Kardashian Over Need For Space: Top 5 Stories
- President Obama's Teenage Daughters Were Not Impressed During the White House Turkey Pardon -- Watch Their Priceless Reactions
- Jennifer Aniston Calls Justin Theroux Her "Creative Crush", Says He Will Spend 20 Minutes Trying to Scare Her at Night
- Bollywood actress sentenced to 26 years in jail for blasphemy in Pakistan
- FOX411's pic of the day
- '19 Kids & Counting's' cousin Amy Duggar reaches for Nashville dreams
- Jessica Simpson Shares Adorable Photo of "Wild Turkeys" Maxwell and Ace at the Lake—See the Cute Pic!
- Remembering Paul Walker One Year Later: Cody Walker Reflects on His Brother's Life and Legacy
- Bill Cosby Joke Gone Wrong: Roseanne Barr Tweets Then Deletes Picture Post About Getting Into a "Tussle" With the Actor