Esquire Editor: Scarlett Johansson 'Screwed Us'
By PopEater Staff Posted Jun 4th 2010 07:53AM
Believe it or not, the vivacious Christina Hendricks wasn't Esquire's first pick for their "Women We Love" cover in May -- that honor belonged to Scarlett Johansson, who editor-in-chief David Granger is not very happy with.
"Scarlett completely screwed us," Granger told an audience at a magazine conference in Toronto, the New York Daily News reports. An insider tells the paper Johansson was the number one gal Esquire wanted for the cover and she was "committed" to the photo shoot.
The Daily News was unable to reach Granger yesterday, stating his comment originally appeared in Canada's National Post, though no trace of it appears online.
"I think her commitment on Broadway [in Arthur Miller's 'A View From the Bridge'] prevented her from making good," an insider tells the Daily News.
Christina Hendricks was reportedly chosen from an Esquire poll that included Megan Fox (14 percent), Zoe Saldana (13 percent) and even Zac Efron (as a joke, but still, 8 percent). 'Mad Men' starlet Hendricks won by a landslide with 30 percent, but we have to wonder if a bit of revisionist history was in play, considering Johansson's curious omission from the nominees.
Neither Hendricks' nor Johansson's agents responded for comments to the Daily News. A spokesperson for Esquire told the paper, "Esquire was thrilled to have Christina Hendricks on the cover."
Check out PopEater's recap of Christina Hendricks' appearance in Esquire
Christina Hendricks Snapshots
Christina Hendricks attends the Costume Institute Gala Benefit to celebrate the opening of the "American Woman: Fashioning a National Identity" exhibition at The Metropolitan Museum on May 3 in New York City. More photos >>
Getty Images North America
Christina Hendricks Snapshots
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Amanda Bynes free after arrest for tossing bong out of apartment window, police say
- Morgan Freeman seems to fall asleep during on-air interview
- Jennifer Aniston is a stripper in new movie role, who is your favorite good girl gone bad?
- Jimmy Fallon Unleashes Epic 'Game of Thrones' Parody (Video)
- Cannes: Hollywood Gives Back at Star-Filled AmfAR Gala (Column)
- Jennifer Hudson in Negotiations to Judge 'American Idol'
- Bluth Binge! EW's giant recap of Netflix's 15 new ?Arrested Development' episodes
- Memorial Day weekend TV marathons: An A to Z guide
- ?Fast & Furious 6?: That ending! THAT ENDING! (SPOILERS)
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- Baz Luhrmann Passed on Directing 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone'
- Someone Just Paid $1.5 Million to Sit Next to Leonardo DiCaprio in Space
- Tim Curry Is Fine After Suffering a Massive Stroke: Report