'Shrek' Glass Recall: McDonald's Wants All 12M Back
By PopEater Staff Posted Jun 4th 2010 10:21AM
McDonald's announced Friday morning that it would post instructions on its website next week about refunds. Until then, they say to STOP using the glasses.
What is cadmium? The CPSC notes in its recall notice that "long-term exposure to cadmium can cause adverse health effects." Cadmium is a known carcinogen that research shows can cause bone softening and severe kidney problems.
McDonald's told the Associated Press that it was asking customers to stop using the glasses "out of an abundance of caution."
"We believe the 'Shrek' glassware is safe for consumer use," McDonald's USA spokesman Bill Whitman said. "However, again to ensure that our customers receive safe products from us, we made the decision to stop selling them and voluntarily recall these products effective immediately."
► Get more on the recall over at WalletPop.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Loretta Lynn, Luke Bryan, Eric Church and Alabama receive ACM honors
- Snooki talks Jionni's Ashley Madison scandal
- 'We Are Your Friends' flops, has one of the worst box foffice openings in history
- Hungarian TV Told to Not Show Migrant Children
- U.K. Box Office: Straight Outta Compton Finds Instant Rhythm
- 'Everest' Director Talks "Losing Your Shit" While Shooting at the Highest Place on Earth
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- 14 Best TV Comedies on Netflix Streaming
- 'SpongeBob SquarePants' Musical Is In the Works
- 007 Writer Says Idris Elba Is 'Too Street' to Play James Bond, Quickly Apologizes