'Shrek' Glass Recall: McDonald's Wants All 12M Back
By PopEater Staff Posted Jun 4th 2010 10:21AM
McDonald's announced Friday morning that it would post instructions on its website next week about refunds. Until then, they say to STOP using the glasses.
What is cadmium? The CPSC notes in its recall notice that "long-term exposure to cadmium can cause adverse health effects." Cadmium is a known carcinogen that research shows can cause bone softening and severe kidney problems.
McDonald's told the Associated Press that it was asking customers to stop using the glasses "out of an abundance of caution."
"We believe the 'Shrek' glassware is safe for consumer use," McDonald's USA spokesman Bill Whitman said. "However, again to ensure that our customers receive safe products from us, we made the decision to stop selling them and voluntarily recall these products effective immediately."
► Get more on the recall over at WalletPop.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Hulk Hogan wants investigation to determine if Gawker leaked his racist rant
- Mia Farrow shares address of man who shot Cecil the lion on Twitter
- 'Queen of Versailles' star's daughter died of accidental drug overdose
- Robert Redford to Narrate 'National Parks Adventure' Documentary (Exclusive)
- Relativity Lets Go of Natalie Portman Western 'Jane Got a Gun'
- Style Notes: Eva Longoria Wages War on Twitter; Melissa McCarthy Debuts Fashion Line
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- 'Mission: Impossible' Director Reveals the Crazy Action Scene You May Never See
- Tom Cruise on How 'Mission: Impossible' Raises the Emotional Stakes
- Michael Keaton and Rachel McAdams Dig Into Church Scandal in 'Spotlight' Trailer