'Shrek' Glass Recall: McDonald's Wants All 12M Back
By PopEater Staff Posted Jun 4th 2010 10:21AM
McDonald's announced Friday morning that it would post instructions on its website next week about refunds. Until then, they say to STOP using the glasses.
What is cadmium? The CPSC notes in its recall notice that "long-term exposure to cadmium can cause adverse health effects." Cadmium is a known carcinogen that research shows can cause bone softening and severe kidney problems.
McDonald's told the Associated Press that it was asking customers to stop using the glasses "out of an abundance of caution."
"We believe the 'Shrek' glassware is safe for consumer use," McDonald's USA spokesman Bill Whitman said. "However, again to ensure that our customers receive safe products from us, we made the decision to stop selling them and voluntarily recall these products effective immediately."
► Get more on the recall over at WalletPop.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Cream vocalist, bassist Jack Bruce dies at 71
- Rumer Willis is 'blown away' by her sister Tallulah's strength
- 'Breaking Bad's' Aaron Paul slams Toys R Us over recall
- Jill Soloway: How a Detour Into Indie Filmmaking Led to Amazon's 'Transparent'
- Keanu Reeves: I Wanted to Play Batman and Wolverine But Was Passed Over
- '99 Homes' Producer Offers Lindsay Lohan Career Advice
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- Miles Teller, J.K. Simmons on 'Whiplash,' Drumming and Stoking Passion
- Wanted: Female Director for DC Comics 'Wonder Woman' Movie
- 'Whiplash' Director Damien Chazelle on His Film's Success and the Burdens of Drumming