'Shrek' Glass Recall: McDonald's Wants All 12M Back
By PopEater Staff Posted Jun 4th 2010 10:21AM
McDonald's announced Friday morning that it would post instructions on its website next week about refunds. Until then, they say to STOP using the glasses.
What is cadmium? The CPSC notes in its recall notice that "long-term exposure to cadmium can cause adverse health effects." Cadmium is a known carcinogen that research shows can cause bone softening and severe kidney problems.
McDonald's told the Associated Press that it was asking customers to stop using the glasses "out of an abundance of caution."
"We believe the 'Shrek' glassware is safe for consumer use," McDonald's USA spokesman Bill Whitman said. "However, again to ensure that our customers receive safe products from us, we made the decision to stop selling them and voluntarily recall these products effective immediately."
► Get more on the recall over at WalletPop.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Cruel Intentions' costars Reese Witherspoon, Sarah Michelle Gellar and Selma Blair reunite
- Sherri Shepherd awkwardly offers to give Raven Symone her surrogate baby
- Laura Bell Bundy: Women belong on country radio
- A Seismologist Reviews 'San Andreas': What's Real and What's Preposterous
- The Producer's Predicament: Gender and Diversity Issues and Bloated Budgets
- Jon Stewart Shows "How Much Fun" He Could Have With 2016 Republican Presidential Candidates (Video)
- 'Cruel Intentions' Reunion Alert! Reese Witherspoon, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Selma Blair Hang Out, Kiss
- Streaming Now: 'The Boxtrolls,' 'The Aviator,' and More
- Marilyn Monroe Facts: 25 Things You Don't Know About the Hollywood Icon