'Shrek' Glass Recall: McDonald's Wants All 12M Back
By PopEater Staff Posted Jun 4th 2010 10:21AM
McDonald's announced Friday morning that it would post instructions on its website next week about refunds. Until then, they say to STOP using the glasses.
What is cadmium? The CPSC notes in its recall notice that "long-term exposure to cadmium can cause adverse health effects." Cadmium is a known carcinogen that research shows can cause bone softening and severe kidney problems.
McDonald's told the Associated Press that it was asking customers to stop using the glasses "out of an abundance of caution."
"We believe the 'Shrek' glassware is safe for consumer use," McDonald's USA spokesman Bill Whitman said. "However, again to ensure that our customers receive safe products from us, we made the decision to stop selling them and voluntarily recall these products effective immediately."
► Get more on the recall over at WalletPop.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- The many faces of Renee Zellweger
- Alfonso Ribeiro dominates 'DWTS'
- Fans: Renee Zellweger nearly unrecognizable after mysterious facial changes
- 'Back to The Future' to Receive Live Orchestra Accompaniment for 2015 Re-Release
- MTV's 'Faking It' Gets 10-Episode Pickup
- Oscar de la Renta Remembered By Charlie Rose, Jenna Bush Hager on Morning Shows
- Keanu Reeves on 'John Wick,' 'Bill & Ted 3,' and That 'Point Break' Remake (EXCLUSIVE)
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw & Nate Parker Share a Moment in This Exclusive 'Beyond the Lights' Preview
- How Will 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Begin? In 'Horribly Brutal Fashion'