'Shrek' Glass Recall: McDonald's Wants All 12M Back
By PopEater Staff Posted Jun 4th 2010 10:21AM
McDonald's announced Friday morning that it would post instructions on its website next week about refunds. Until then, they say to STOP using the glasses.
What is cadmium? The CPSC notes in its recall notice that "long-term exposure to cadmium can cause adverse health effects." Cadmium is a known carcinogen that research shows can cause bone softening and severe kidney problems.
McDonald's told the Associated Press that it was asking customers to stop using the glasses "out of an abundance of caution."
"We believe the 'Shrek' glassware is safe for consumer use," McDonald's USA spokesman Bill Whitman said. "However, again to ensure that our customers receive safe products from us, we made the decision to stop selling them and voluntarily recall these products effective immediately."
► Get more on the recall over at WalletPop.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Game of Thrones' recap: Death, sin, and Sand Snakes
- 'Star Trek' actress Grace Lee Whitney dies at 85
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' scores big at box office
- Cannes: Vice, Madonna's Grammy-Winning Videographer Team on Nordic Thriller
- Cannes: Netflix's Ted Sarandos to Talk Film
- Cannes: 'Kingsman' Star Boards U.K. Horror Film
- Recap of 'Revenge' Season 4, Episode 22: Plea
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: 'Sons of the Harpy' Is Shocking, Stupid, Sad, Sweet
- Watch SNL's Hilariously Spot-on Black Widow Movie Trailer