Sandra Bullock Speaks: Let's 'Go Back to Normal'
By PopEater Staff Posted Jun 6th 2010 10:03PM
When Sandra Bullock stepped onto the stage at the MTV Movie Awards, she received a rapturous standing ovation from the crowd. In the wake of Jesse James' cheating scandal, the audience seemed to be echoing the support the Oscar winner has received from the public. Wearing a sequined black dress, Bullock addressed the crowd, saying she just wants to "go back to normal" and that she's "not going anywhere." Oh yeah, and she planted a kiss on Scarlett Johansson ... watch below!
During his introduction of Bullock, Bradley Cooper told the actress he hoped she knew "how loved you are ... You are once-in-a-generation talent."
Betty White, perhaps the second-most-beloved star of today, called Bullock "grace defined, and I adore you madly." "Sandy, you are a national treasure ... which I know a thing or two about since my ovaries were recently named historical monuments."
Upon arriving on stage, Bullock said, "I'd like to thank Betty for being such an extraordinary woman ... because of the person she is and the life she lives. I want your life."
While never directly addressing James or the scandal, Bullock certainly spoke of it. She made a statement with: "No matter what you might have seen or heard or read lately, I like what I'm doing and I'm not going anywhere. Speaking of what you might have seen or heard, I wanted to clarify some things: Number one, I'm not dead. Number two, everyone has cellulite, not just me."
Bullock continued, saying that the "paparazzi need more flattering lenses. And whoever established the high road and how high it should be should be fired."
Things then got funny, as she asked Johansson why she was on stage.
"This is so weird ... Scarlett, I really love you and all, but this is just uncomfortable. Why are you here? " Bullock asked
Scarlett, who is married to Bullock's 'The Proposal' co-star Ryan Reynolds, told her she hoped to be there if Bullock won best kiss, and then the two actresses shared a brief smooch themselves.
Bullock then got serious again, asking: "Can we please go back to normal, because therapy is expensive? Get back to making fun of me.
Bullock closed out her speech by saying that everyone's thoughts should be with those most affected by the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
2010 MTV Movie Awards Photos
'The Hills' starlet Audrina Patridge is seen in a shimmering silver gown as she arrives for the 2010 MTV Movie Awards. Click to See Who's There and What They're Wearing >>>
Kevin Winter, Getty Images
Kevin Winter, Getty Images
MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Actress Bynes arrested after tossing bong out of apartment window, police say
- Oklahoma natives Blake Shelton, Carrie Underwood come to aid of tornado victims
- Morgan Freeman seems to fall asleep during on-air interview
- 'Survivor: Caramoan' Winner John Cochran Lands CBS Writing Gig
- Cathy Schulman to Deliver UCLA School of Theater, Film and TV's Commencement Speech
- Amanda Bynes Arrested for Marijuana Possession (Report)
- EW's Bite of the Night: Submit your favorite quote from tonight's best TV!
- Woohoo! ?Simpsons' fans rejoice! Universal Studios is building Springfield
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination