Sandra Bullock Speaks: Let's 'Go Back to Normal'
By PopEater Staff Posted Jun 6th 2010 10:03PM
When Sandra Bullock stepped onto the stage at the MTV Movie Awards, she received a rapturous standing ovation from the crowd. In the wake of Jesse James' cheating scandal, the audience seemed to be echoing the support the Oscar winner has received from the public. Wearing a sequined black dress, Bullock addressed the crowd, saying she just wants to "go back to normal" and that she's "not going anywhere." Oh yeah, and she planted a kiss on Scarlett Johansson ... watch below!
During his introduction of Bullock, Bradley Cooper told the actress he hoped she knew "how loved you are ... You are once-in-a-generation talent."
Betty White, perhaps the second-most-beloved star of today, called Bullock "grace defined, and I adore you madly." "Sandy, you are a national treasure ... which I know a thing or two about since my ovaries were recently named historical monuments."
Upon arriving on stage, Bullock said, "I'd like to thank Betty for being such an extraordinary woman ... because of the person she is and the life she lives. I want your life."
While never directly addressing James or the scandal, Bullock certainly spoke of it. She made a statement with: "No matter what you might have seen or heard or read lately, I like what I'm doing and I'm not going anywhere. Speaking of what you might have seen or heard, I wanted to clarify some things: Number one, I'm not dead. Number two, everyone has cellulite, not just me."
Bullock continued, saying that the "paparazzi need more flattering lenses. And whoever established the high road and how high it should be should be fired."
Things then got funny, as she asked Johansson why she was on stage.
"This is so weird ... Scarlett, I really love you and all, but this is just uncomfortable. Why are you here? " Bullock asked
Scarlett, who is married to Bullock's 'The Proposal' co-star Ryan Reynolds, told her she hoped to be there if Bullock won best kiss, and then the two actresses shared a brief smooch themselves.
Bullock then got serious again, asking: "Can we please go back to normal, because therapy is expensive? Get back to making fun of me.
Bullock closed out her speech by saying that everyone's thoughts should be with those most affected by the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
2010 MTV Movie Awards Photos
'The Hills' starlet Audrina Patridge is seen in a shimmering silver gown as she arrives for the 2010 MTV Movie Awards. Click to See Who's There and What They're Wearing >>>
Kevin Winter, Getty Images
Kevin Winter, Getty Images
MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jennifer Aniston: I don't need to have kids
- Chelsea Lately finale: Naked Chelsea Handler showers with Ellen DeGeneres
- Director Ridley Scott says Harrison Ford to star in ?Blade Runner 2'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Star Jamie Dornan Cast in Miramax's 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax'
- TV Ratings: 'America's Got Talent' Tops Tuesday
- Box Office Milestone: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Crosses $500M Globally
- This Week's Cover: An inside look at season 5 of ?The Walking Dead'
- Chris Harrison blogs ?Bachelor in Paradise' episode 5
- Billy Eichner talks the making of his Emmys segment
- Homer Simpson Chills Out in This ALS Ice Bucket Challenge (VIDEO)
- 7 Unanswered Questions From 'Pretty Little Liars' Season Finale
- Neal Brennan Will Not Go Spelunking With You After This 'As Above, So Below' Trailer Review (VIDEO)