Les Grossman: Behind His Return on the MTV Movie Awards
By PopEater Staff Posted Jun 6th 2010 09:36PM
Tom Cruise has a movie to promote (this summer's 'Knight and Day') and MTV has a movie awards show to put on, so welcome back Les Grossman, Cruise's comic creation from 2008's 'Tropic Thunder.' Cruise's cameo in the Ben Stiller-directed comedy nearly stole the entire film from Oscar-nominated Robert Downey Jr. -- no small feat.
Check out the MTV Movie Awards intro, starring Les Grossman and featuring hilarious cameos from Robert Pattinson, Taylor Lautner, Will Smith, Michael Cera:
Grossman, who didn't have to worry about having his potty mouth bleeped during the R-rated comedy smash, was kept under the radar for months leading up to the movie's release.
The popular rumor was that Cruise had based part of the grotesque performance on media mogul Sumner Redstone.
For those watching the 2010 MTV Movie Awards that hadn't seen 'Tropic Thunder' and weren't in on the joke, here's a Les Grossman highlight. Yes, there will be SERIOUS bad language so watcher beware:
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Tim McGraw: Faith Hill makes me 'better at everything'
- Alanis Morissette said fame caused her to have PTSD
- Bill Murray Is No Angel in First 'St. Vincent' Poster
- James Cameron Wins 'Avatar' Idea Theft Lawsuit Against Artist
- Melissa Rivers Thanks Fans for "Heartfelt Messages" After Mother's Death
- The high-end version of Apple Watch might cost $5K
- Liam Neeson, Bono have been working on a movie script for six years
- Andy Samberg teams with Umami Burger to create ?The Samberger'
- Michael Kors's Best 'Project Runway' Critiques (VIDEO)
- What's On TV Tonight: 'Red Band Society' and 'The Mysteries of Laura' Series Premieres, 'Franklin & Bash,' and More Picks
- 7 Sitcom Guys That Are Our Boyfriends In Our Heads (GIFs)