Lindsay Lohan's SCRAM Anklet Went Off at Party
By PopEater Staff Posted Jun 8th 2010 04:28PM
According to various reports, Lohan's SCRAM device was triggered during an MTV Movie Awards party. Whether she was actually drinking or the device was tampered with is unclear, but a source inside the company that makes SCRAM tells the New York Daily News that it "was not a mistake or malfunction."
The company, Alcohol Monitoring Systems, now must send their report to Judge Marsha Revel, and depending on its findings, may compel the court to order Lohan to appear -- where she could be slapped with 180 days in jail.
The SCRAM calculates alcohol levels through perspiration.
On May 24, Judge Revel told the actress that in order to stay free on bail, she must wear the SCRAM, abstain from alcohol and submit to random drug testing. The judge also indicated Lohan must stay in the Los Angeles area.
The next scheduled hearing for Lohan is on July 6, when it will be determined if she violated probation. But the triggering of the SCRAM could push up that date.
This all stems from Lohan's June 2007 arrest in which she was pulled over and taken into custody for suspicion of drunk driving and cocaine possession. Just a month earlier, she was arrested on another DUI charge.
Lindsay Lohan Snapshots
Lindsay Lohan arrives at the 2010 MTV Movie Awards held at the Gibson Amphitheatre at Universal Studios on June 6. Check out more LiLo Pics >>
Getty Images North America
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Dress that 'greatly resembles' stolen Lupita Nyong'o gown recovered
- Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ?Star Trek,' dead at 83
- Source: Bobbi Kristina Brown has shown ?absolutely no signs of life lately'
- '12 Monkeys' EP Breaks Down Cole and Cassandra's Relationship
- 'True Blood's' Stephen Moyer Addresses His Addiction Battles at Hollywood Panel
- Jennifer Lawrence: "David O. Russell Is One of My Closest Friends"
- 'Supergirl' Snags Dean Cain & Helen Slater For 'Mystery Roles'
- Check Out Two New Clips From 'Game of Thrones' (VIDEO)
- 'Boardwalk Empire's Jack Huston Could Be Our New 'Crow'