What the 'Housewives of New Jersey' Really Earn
By Rob Shuter Posted Jun 8th 2010 01:59AM
Teresa Giudice is $11 million -- yes, eleven -- in debt, many are wondering: She's a celebrity on TV, how could she not be rolling in money? Well, it turns out that while they make enough per episode to maintain a great tan, it's really nothing to retire on. Naughty But Nice has the exact amount Teresa, Dina and the rest of the crew pocket each time their table-flipping antics are captured in an episode.
Big Hair, Small Paychecks for NJ 'Housewives'
The shocking news that 'Real Housewives of New Jersey' star Teresa Giudice is over $11 million in debt has brought to light how little Bravo pays the show's stars.
"The 'Real Housewives of New Jersey' all earn $3,333 per episode and have all signed a three-year contract," a former 'Housewife' tells me. "And no matter how successful the show continues to be, none of the ladies will get a pay raise until it comes time to renegotiate their contracts."
According to papers filed in Newark Federal Court, the free-spending Guidice's claim to only make $79,000 a year between the two of them, but are unable to handle the foreclosures and hefty credit card bills.
The court document lists their money woes in detail:
► The bank has moved to foreclose on their $1.8 million home in Towaco, NJ.
► Banks have taken their Jersey Shore house along with another home in Lincoln Park, NJ.
► Teresa owes $12,000 to a fertility clinic.
► They've defaulted on payments for their Escalade.
► Joe personally owes $5 million to former partners of real estate deals.
However, if any of the Jersey ladies have visions of pulling in the $2 million that Charlie Sheen earns as TV's highest paid actor, they can think again. The stars of 'Real Housewives of New York' all got a huge raise recently, going from $3,000 an episode to $10,000, when they all resigned their contracts. Still, looking to flex some network muscle, Bravo made it very clear that they could all be replaced.
"As far as Bravo is concerned, the star is the show itself -- not the cast," a TV executive tells me. "The 'Housewives of Orange County' have all been replaced, and it didn't make any difference to the show's ratings. You will see two new housewives have been added to the cast of 'Housewives of New York' already -- just in case a few of the women get too greedy."
Bethenny, are your ears burning?
Paula Abdul -- Broadway Bound?
That's right, only Naughty But Nice can reveal that Paula Abdul will be hitting the stage this Sunday to present the Tony Award for best choreography.
"Paula would love to star in a Broadway musical," Tony insiders tell me. "She has been looking for the right part for some time, but hasn't found it yet. Paula would also love to choreograph for the stage and it's something she hopes to be doing very soon."
Tune in Sunday not only to see who wins but to see Lea Michele and Matthew Morrison from 'Glee,' who I can confirm will be performing along with Green Day, whose hit show, 'American Idiot,' is up for Best Musical.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Justin Bieber promotes his album at Tower Records Shinjuku on May 18th in Tokyo, Japan.
Jun Sato, WireImage
Jun Sato, WireImage
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
MORE ABOUT Teresa Giudice
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Teresa Giudice Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Heidi Klum Dresses as Fly-Like Insect for Annual Halloween Party -- See Her Crazy Costume Here!
- Kim Kardashian and North West Dress as Anna Wintour, Andre Leon Talley -- Plus, See Her Other Halloween Costumes!
- Lisa Vanderpump on Vanderpump Rules New Season "I'm Not Proud of Their Behavior"
- Tara Reid’s Skeletal Figure Scares Fans BEFORE She Puts On Halloween Costume!
- Demi Moore ‘Driving Mila Nuts,’ Wants Her To ‘Stay Away’ From Baby Wyatt ? Or Else!
- Judge Rules Amanda Bynes To Stay Under Conservatorship Until 2015, As Actress No-Show In Court
- Randy Bachman of The Guess Who & BTO keeps on takin' care of business
- Amanda Bynes released from psychiatric facility, slams parents in Twitter rant
- Country singer Jessie James Decker deletes Twitter account after ripping followers
- Melanie Griffith on Who She'd Like to Date Next and Why She'll Never Watch Daughter Dakota Johnson in Fifty Shades of Grey
- Chris Brown Talks All Things Rihanna: The Assault, Their Relationship, Drake and More—Watch Now!
- Wait, So Why Was Amanda Bynes Released From a Psychiatric Hold Right After It Was Extended? Here's How She Got Out Early & What's Next