What the 'Housewives of New Jersey' Really Earn
By Rob Shuter Posted Jun 8th 2010 01:59AM
Teresa Giudice is $11 million -- yes, eleven -- in debt, many are wondering: She's a celebrity on TV, how could she not be rolling in money? Well, it turns out that while they make enough per episode to maintain a great tan, it's really nothing to retire on. Naughty But Nice has the exact amount Teresa, Dina and the rest of the crew pocket each time their table-flipping antics are captured in an episode.
Big Hair, Small Paychecks for NJ 'Housewives'
The shocking news that 'Real Housewives of New Jersey' star Teresa Giudice is over $11 million in debt has brought to light how little Bravo pays the show's stars.
"The 'Real Housewives of New Jersey' all earn $3,333 per episode and have all signed a three-year contract," a former 'Housewife' tells me. "And no matter how successful the show continues to be, none of the ladies will get a pay raise until it comes time to renegotiate their contracts."
According to papers filed in Newark Federal Court, the free-spending Guidice's claim to only make $79,000 a year between the two of them, but are unable to handle the foreclosures and hefty credit card bills.
The court document lists their money woes in detail:
► The bank has moved to foreclose on their $1.8 million home in Towaco, NJ.
► Banks have taken their Jersey Shore house along with another home in Lincoln Park, NJ.
► Teresa owes $12,000 to a fertility clinic.
► They've defaulted on payments for their Escalade.
► Joe personally owes $5 million to former partners of real estate deals.
However, if any of the Jersey ladies have visions of pulling in the $2 million that Charlie Sheen earns as TV's highest paid actor, they can think again. The stars of 'Real Housewives of New York' all got a huge raise recently, going from $3,000 an episode to $10,000, when they all resigned their contracts. Still, looking to flex some network muscle, Bravo made it very clear that they could all be replaced.
"As far as Bravo is concerned, the star is the show itself -- not the cast," a TV executive tells me. "The 'Housewives of Orange County' have all been replaced, and it didn't make any difference to the show's ratings. You will see two new housewives have been added to the cast of 'Housewives of New York' already -- just in case a few of the women get too greedy."
Bethenny, are your ears burning?
Paula Abdul -- Broadway Bound?
That's right, only Naughty But Nice can reveal that Paula Abdul will be hitting the stage this Sunday to present the Tony Award for best choreography.
"Paula would love to star in a Broadway musical," Tony insiders tell me. "She has been looking for the right part for some time, but hasn't found it yet. Paula would also love to choreograph for the stage and it's something she hopes to be doing very soon."
Tune in Sunday not only to see who wins but to see Lea Michele and Matthew Morrison from 'Glee,' who I can confirm will be performing along with Green Day, whose hit show, 'American Idiot,' is up for Best Musical.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Justin Bieber promotes his album at Tower Records Shinjuku on May 18th in Tokyo, Japan.
Jun Sato, WireImage
Jun Sato, WireImage
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
MORE ABOUT Teresa Giudice
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Teresa Giudice Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Celeb Sightings: Stars Toast Cinema In Toronto!
- Frozen-Inspired Disney Wedding Dress by Alfred Angelo Will Be Available to Shop Jan. 2015
- Kim Zolciak Goes on Instagram Rant After Swimsuit Picture Sparks Photoshop Accusations: "Every Last Bit Is Me"
- Everything You Need To Know About Acai
- Radar Exclusive: Joan Rivers' Doctors Both Hire Attorneys As They Prep To Be Questioned About Her Shocking Death, Including Allegations That One Doc Snapped A Selfie Mid-Procedure, Says Source
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Attends Moroccanoil Inspired By Women Campaign Launch Event At The IAC Building
- Hollywood studios are urged to take extra precautions filming abroad amid rising global security issues
- 'NCIS' moves down South with New Orleans spinoff
- Ben Affleck admits he counts cards
- Ryan Gosling's Mom, Sister Visit Newborn Baby Girl—See the Pic!
- Bitch Stole My Look! Diane Kruger vs. Anna Dello Russo in Mary Katrantzou—See the Crazy Patterned Look!
- Celebrity Makeup Artists Share Their Favorite Fall Lipsticks—Plus, See What Shades Stars Are Wearing This Season!