Simon Cowell Grants Young Girl's Final Wish
By PopEater Staff Posted Jun 9th 2010 07:00AM
Simon Cowell fulfilled five-year-old Bethany Fenton's final wish before she lost her battle with a brain tumor. She achieved her dream of singing 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' for Cowell when she visited the 'Britain's Got Talent' studios in North London ahead of Saturday's finale on June 5 and even met some of the finalists in the competition. Following her exciting day, the young girl told UK's Daily Mail, "I loved them all, especially Kieran, who asked for my wristband to give us both luck ... Simon let me sing 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' to him. He's so nice and I love him."
Last year, she was diagnosed with a grade three to four anaplastic astrocytoma brain tumor. A second MRI scan last year revealed the tumor had grown and began seriously affecting her.
Following her death, Cowell's spokesman Max Clifford said, "He is really upset, he said what a beautiful little girl she was. He is just so sad, and sad for the whole family. She was a very special little girl and Simon was so touched when she sang for him. He was happy that he was able to do a special something on Saturday night to give her a few precious moments but it is so sad and his heart goes out to Bethany's mum and dad and he is thinking of them."
A spokesman for the family said the young girl was doing fine on Sunday after singing for Cowell and "was absolutely over the moon with what happened."
"Her dad said that she had done what she always wanted to do, meet Simon Cowell and sing to him. She had achieved her big ambition and was now ready to depart this earth," the spokesman said.
Simon Cowell Snapshots
Simon Cowell attends The Philips British Academy Television Awards on June 6. More photos >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian's corset selfie raises questions: How dangerous is the practice of corseting?
- Sheri Moon Zombie impressed by horror fans who dress up as her
- Best and worst celebrity Halloween costumes
- Amanda Bynes Released From Treatment Facility, Spotted on Sunset Strip: Report
- Today Show Recreates Saturday Night Live Character Costumes For Halloween 2014
- Michael Strahan to Receive Pro Football Hall of Fame Ring of Excellence: See Exclusive Photos of Ring
- Grandma Reveals She Rescued Anna, Now Terrified Honey Boo Boo In Danger
- Friends Begin Congratulating Jessica Biel On ‘Impending Motherhood’