Eric Hutchinson Will Clean Coasts, Debut Tunes at Beach Rescue Events
By Ashley Iasimone Posted Jun 10th 2010 12:53PM
The singer-songwriter is set to help communities remove litter and restore local beaches in New York, Austin, Portland and Miami as part of the Barefoot Wine Beach Rescue Project. Since 2007, the project has hosted events to help keep coastlines clean.
"Rescuing a beach can be as simple as picking up trash and debris on the beach or planting to preserve sand dunes," Hutchinson tells PopEater. "While these beach rescue events make an immediate impact on our coastal landscape, it's the act of people coming together to better a beach that is so powerful."
Hutchinson will also be throwing a bit of live music in the mix. At each stop on the route, he will perform songs from his first album, 'Sounds Like This,' and debut new tunes for the volunteers in celebration of the day's hard work.
"This new disc has a lot of influences, ranging from reggae to hip-hop to '50s and '60s soul music," Hutchinson reveals of his upcoming album, which he's been recording in London. "It's me pouring out everything I've stored up from my last three years of touring."
For as long as he can remember, Eric Hutchinson has been spending time on the beach with his loved ones. "I have amazing memories of growing up with the ocean and sand, and the beach plays a big part in our family history," Hutchinson says. "Working with this project is a way to spend my summer on America's beaches while giving back."
The Barefoot Wine Beach Rescue Project kicks off at Rockaway Beach in New York on Saturday, June 12. For a complete list of events and more information, check out Barefoot Beach Rescue.
- Filed under:
- Music News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Melissa Rivers breaks her silence about her mother, Joan.
- Jimmy Fallon to pay back bet will host 'Tonight Show' in Chicago
- E! says 'Fashion Police' will continue without Joan Rivers
- Entertainment Geekly: ?Super Smash Bros.' was the best and worst thing to happen to Nintendo
- Hear three tracks from the all-star ?Here Lies Love' remix album
- Tim McGraw Reveals How He Scared His Daughter's Boyfriend
- 'Frozen' Feud? Rosie O'Donnell Fires Back at Mayim Bialik
- How Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting Makes Sure She Knows About Nude Photos
- Taylor Swift Reveals 5 Things to Expect With Upcoming 1989 Album, Says There Were "No Rules" This Time Around
- Lauren Conrad Kisses William Tell in Wedding Photo; Jennifer Lopez, Iggy Azalea Twerk in Racy "Booty" Video: Top 5 Stories
- Joan Rivers' Fashion Police Tribute: Melissa Rivers, Giuliana Rancic, Kelly Osbourne, and George Kotsiopoulos Remember the Comedienne