Hollywood Stars Are Big Winners at the Tony Awards
By PopEater Staff Posted Jun 14th 2010 06:21AM
Broadway's biggest night has gone Hollywood.
Catherine Zeta-Jones, Denzel Washington and Scarlett Johansson were big winners at Sunday night's Tony Awards, PEOPLE reports.
Zeta-Jones was honored as best actress in a musical for 'A Little Night Music,' Washington earned his best actor prize for 'Fences,' and Johansson won Best Performance by a Featured Actress in a Play for her turn in the revival of Arthur Miller's 'A View from the Bridge.'
In her acceptance speech, Johansson said, "Being welcomed into this community has been a dream come true for me."
"Ever since I was a little girl, I wanted to be on Broadway, and here I am," she added. The 'Iron Man 2' star also thanked her husband, Ryan Reynolds, calling him "the Canadian I live with."
"Thank you for being a theater widower for me," she exclaimed.
There were two 'Glee' performances during the Sean Hayes-hosted show. Matthew Morrison, who plays Mr. Schuester, sang 'All I Need Is the Girl,' from 'Gypsy.' Lea Michele followed up with 'Don't Rain on My Parade,' from 'Funny Girl,' which she also performed on the hit show, the Associated Press reports.
Other presenters included Broadway veterans Daniel Radcliffe and Katie Holmes, who starred in the 2008 revival of the Arthur Miller play 'All My Sons.'
For a list of all the winners, check out TonyAwards.com and Read About the Decline of the Broadway Musical on AOL News >>>
64th Annual Tony Awards
NEW YORK - JUNE 13: Actress Scarlett Johasson and Liev Schreiber onstage during the 64th Annual Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall on June 13, 2010 in New York City. (Photo by Andrew H. Walker/Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Scarlett Johasson;Liev Schreiber
Getty Images North America
MORE ABOUT Katie Holmes
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Katie Holmes Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Mila Kunis Takes Ashton Kutcher to Her Brother's Wedding: See a Picture of Her Bridesmaid Dress!
- Siva Kaneswaran Engaged to Nareesha McCaffrey: Wanted Singer Shares Proposal Story
- Jennifer Aniston Had Her "Awkward Phase" During Her 30s, Brad Pitt Marriage
- Kenya Moore Reveals Heartbreaking Relationship With Her Mother: She Doesn’t Love Me & Pretends I’m Invisible
- 'The Sound of Music' actress Eleanor Parker dies at 91
- Break Time: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' inspires racy lingerie line
- Candace Cameron Bure: 'I'm not going to get naked, and I'm not going to have sex scenes'