Hollywood Stars Are Big Winners at the Tony Awards
By PopEater Staff Posted Jun 14th 2010 06:21AM
Broadway's biggest night has gone Hollywood.
Catherine Zeta-Jones, Denzel Washington and Scarlett Johansson were big winners at Sunday night's Tony Awards, PEOPLE reports.
Zeta-Jones was honored as best actress in a musical for 'A Little Night Music,' Washington earned his best actor prize for 'Fences,' and Johansson won Best Performance by a Featured Actress in a Play for her turn in the revival of Arthur Miller's 'A View from the Bridge.'
In her acceptance speech, Johansson said, "Being welcomed into this community has been a dream come true for me."
"Ever since I was a little girl, I wanted to be on Broadway, and here I am," she added. The 'Iron Man 2' star also thanked her husband, Ryan Reynolds, calling him "the Canadian I live with."
"Thank you for being a theater widower for me," she exclaimed.
There were two 'Glee' performances during the Sean Hayes-hosted show. Matthew Morrison, who plays Mr. Schuester, sang 'All I Need Is the Girl,' from 'Gypsy.' Lea Michele followed up with 'Don't Rain on My Parade,' from 'Funny Girl,' which she also performed on the hit show, the Associated Press reports.
Other presenters included Broadway veterans Daniel Radcliffe and Katie Holmes, who starred in the 2008 revival of the Arthur Miller play 'All My Sons.'
For a list of all the winners, check out TonyAwards.com and Read About the Decline of the Broadway Musical on AOL News >>>
64th Annual Tony Awards
NEW YORK - JUNE 13: Actress Scarlett Johasson and Liev Schreiber onstage during the 64th Annual Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall on June 13, 2010 in New York City. (Photo by Andrew H. Walker/Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Scarlett Johasson;Liev Schreiber
Getty Images North America
MORE ABOUT Katie Holmes
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Katie Holmes Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Stacy Keibler Gives Birth, Jessica Simpson's Killer Legs: Top 5 Friday Stories
- Christmas Jammies Family Makes Back-to-School "Baby Got Class" Parody: Watch Now!
- Chris Burke Reflects on Corky Character, Life Goes On, Down Syndrome on Upcoming Oprah: Where Are They Now? Episode
- Are You Ready For This? Sam Smith, Beyonce, Usher & Rita Ora Stun In VMA Rehearsals ? Sneak Peek Photo Special
- Outrage Over Woman Whose Dog Ate Marijuana ? PETA Calls It ‘A Stupid Thing’ To Do, Warns Of Potential Prosecution For Animal Abuse
- Man charged in biting attack at Chicago's Lollapalooza music festival that wounded 2 men
- '19 Kids and Counting' star Michelle Duggar on how she and husband Jim Bob keep the flame alive
- HBO exec defends violence, sex scenes in 'Game of Thrones'
- Modern Family's Julie Bowen Remembers the Time Her Kid Threw Up on Her Emmys Dress (No Joke!)
- Kim Kardashian Ignores Buttons, Lets Cleavage Bust Out on Trip to San Diego—and See North Feed a Giraffe at the Zoo: Cute Pics!
- Britney Spears' Woody Woodpecker Impression Is Spot On—Watch Her Hilarious Video!