Homer Simpson, Cristiano Ronaldo, and Kobe Bryant Score With Hit World Cup Commercial
By Tracey Harrington McCoy Posted Jun 14th 2010 07:15PM
Nike pulled out all the stops for their World Cup spot, casting some of the biggest names in soccer (futball, for all you purists) and creating a 3-minute mini-movie with blockbuster effects and all. It's one of the biggest, grandest, and most successful advertisements ever made.
Watch the video after the jump.
The commercial's already received more than 15 million views on YouTube and is quite possibly the most talked about aspect of the World Cup so far (if you don't count the mistake England's goalie made in the England vs. USA match on Saturday... oops!)
The director of the popular ad is Alejandro González Iñárritu, reports EW.com. No stranger to big effects and big names, he's most known for directing Hollywood films 'Babel' with Brad Pitt and '21 Grams' with Sean Penn and Naomi Watts. And now, he's made one of the most watched commercials ever.
Bottom line: someone over in Nike's marketing department is getting a big raise.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Dancing With the Stars Week 8 Recap: Rumer Willis, Val Chmerkovskiy Get Two Perfect Scores!
- Pizza Man Photobombs Jay Z, Beyonce With Slice on Met Gala 2015 Red Carpet: Funny Photo
- Beyonce, Kim Kardashian Go Without Underwear, Rock Sheer Gowns at Met Gala 2015: Who Wore the Nearly Naked Look Better?
- Stars step out at Met Gala
- 'Django Unchained' actress ordered to apologize to LAPD over profiling allegation
- Red carpet looks at the 2015 Met Gala