Joe Jackson Pivots: 'Katherine Did Not Kill My Son'
By PopEater Staff Posted Jun 14th 2010 02:27PM
"Katherine did not kill my son," he told PopEater on Monday. "She isn't at fault."
This change of rhetoric follows a News of the World article where the patriarch said his wife refused to help Michael when he was at his frailest, "because she was afraid she was invading his privacy."
He added that, after the King of Pop's tragic death, he admonished Katherine. "I said this would have never happened if you had went and been with him."
The comments have spurred a flurry of responses from Katherine's supporters.
"The world knows that Mrs. Jackson has always been a loving mother and grandmother, and that she and Michael had a very special relationship," her lawyer, Adam Streisand, told TMZ, adding, "The world also knows who Joe Jackson is and he seems bent on never letting us forget."
Howard Weitzman, a lawyer for the Jackson estate, called Joe Jackson's comments "preposterous."
Joe and Katherine Jackson married in 1949 and both currently reside, along with Michael's three children, at the family home in Encino.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- ?Big Bang Theory' stars and execs fund scholarship for UCLA students
- Giuliana Rancic shows off bikini body after being criticized for thin frame
- Natalie Imbruglia did 'crazy stuff' after her divorce
- Extra Scoop: Tracy Morgan Steps Out for the First Time Since Deadly Car Crash
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Stars Break Down What's in Store for Season 3!
- Bombshell Accusations Revealed in Court Docs! Bobby Flay's Wife Says He Cheated with January Jones
- Aquarius Premiere Recap: Everything You Need to Know About David Duchovny's Charles Manson Police Drama
- Dateline Correspondent Andrea Canning Welcomes Fifth Daughter ? See Her Photo!
- Chris Harrison Breaks Silence on The Bachelor's Whitney Bischoff, Chris Soules Split: "It's Sad"