Joe Jackson Pivots: 'Katherine Did Not Kill My Son'
By PopEater Staff Posted Jun 14th 2010 02:27PM
"Katherine did not kill my son," he told PopEater on Monday. "She isn't at fault."
This change of rhetoric follows a News of the World article where the patriarch said his wife refused to help Michael when he was at his frailest, "because she was afraid she was invading his privacy."
He added that, after the King of Pop's tragic death, he admonished Katherine. "I said this would have never happened if you had went and been with him."
The comments have spurred a flurry of responses from Katherine's supporters.
"The world knows that Mrs. Jackson has always been a loving mother and grandmother, and that she and Michael had a very special relationship," her lawyer, Adam Streisand, told TMZ, adding, "The world also knows who Joe Jackson is and he seems bent on never letting us forget."
Howard Weitzman, a lawyer for the Jackson estate, called Joe Jackson's comments "preposterous."
Joe and Katherine Jackson married in 1949 and both currently reside, along with Michael's three children, at the family home in Encino.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bollywood actress sentenced to 26 years in jail for blasphemy in Pakistan
- FOX411's pic of the day
- '19 Kids & Counting's' cousin Amy Duggar reaches for Nashville dreams
- Michelle Obama, Mario Lopez and Others Give One Veteran the Ultimate Thanksgiving Reward!
- New Details: How Bill Cosby's Wife Is Handling the Rape Allegations Against Her Husband
- Pic! Mila Kunis Shows Off Body After Baby
- Tori Spelling Confirms Dean McDermott's True Tori Departure; Scott Disick Argues With Kourtney Kardashian Over Need For Space: Top 5 Stories
- President Obama's Teenage Daughters Were Not Impressed During the White House Turkey Pardon -- Watch Their Priceless Reactions
- Jennifer Aniston Calls Justin Theroux Her "Creative Crush", Says He Will Spend 20 Minutes Trying to Scare Her at Night