Joe Jackson Pivots: 'Katherine Did Not Kill My Son'
By PopEater Staff Posted Jun 14th 2010 02:27PM
"Katherine did not kill my son," he told PopEater on Monday. "She isn't at fault."
This change of rhetoric follows a News of the World article where the patriarch said his wife refused to help Michael when he was at his frailest, "because she was afraid she was invading his privacy."
He added that, after the King of Pop's tragic death, he admonished Katherine. "I said this would have never happened if you had went and been with him."
The comments have spurred a flurry of responses from Katherine's supporters.
"The world knows that Mrs. Jackson has always been a loving mother and grandmother, and that she and Michael had a very special relationship," her lawyer, Adam Streisand, told TMZ, adding, "The world also knows who Joe Jackson is and he seems bent on never letting us forget."
Howard Weitzman, a lawyer for the Jackson estate, called Joe Jackson's comments "preposterous."
Joe and Katherine Jackson married in 1949 and both currently reside, along with Michael's three children, at the family home in Encino.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- ?The Bachelor' recap: Juan Pablo makes his choice in awkward, unprecedented finale
- Miley Cyrus fan sneaks into star's dressing room, leaves note, police say
- FOX411's pic of the day
- ?Believe' react: Life doesn't wait for long
- ?How I Met Your Mother' react: Lily's got a secret and the Mosby Boys return!
- ?The Bachelor' finale: ?Whoo! I'm glad I didn't pick her!'
- Extra Scoop: Justin Bieber Serenades Selena Gomez? Is Jelena Back?
- Elizabeth Moss Says She Should Never Have Married Fred Armisen
- First Look! NeNe Leakes and Tony Dovolani Rehearse for 'DWTS'